Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:40:43 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  What is a "Super," "Sport," "Racing," "Mirafiori," for a 131
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What is a "Super," "Sport," "Racing," "Mirafiori," for a 131  (Read 42730 times)
bellamacchina

bellamacchina

« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2007, 07:05:51 PM »

In the pressrelease of the Racing stands: The modelname Racing has to remember us at the Mirafiori Abarth, the world rally champion.

Officially is said about the difference in power with the 132-2000 of 3HP the following: Reasons for the higher performance are o.a. a new airfilter and a different exhaust(system). Though I'm sure there are different cams too.

The series 3 2000TC was for sure deliverable with an automatic transmission! It was in Holland on special delivery on the 4 door models, so in Holland not on the Panorama. A guy at my school had 1, it had the identificationshields at the side with 2000TC and immediately under smaller automatica. When my memory is real also with climatizzata but about that I'm not sure.

The Racing was for sure deliverable with an airconditioning!

To be continued...

bellamacchina  Albert

Dronten  Flevoland the Netherlands
bellamacchina

bellamacchina

« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2007, 04:43:56 PM »

Hello again. 

To show that the 131 Racing was on the market with a factory airconditioning unit I will put our latest buy in Introductions this weekend, Yes a Racing with fridge!

The 131 Racing/ Sport was badged everywhere Racing except 4 markets: Ireland, Great Brittain, Germany and Austria. Yes, for insurance reasons. Except that badge there is ZERO difference.

bellamacchina  Albert

Dronten  Flevoland the Netherlands
jasonh131

BILLERICAY ESSEX UK

« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2007, 09:00:05 PM »

Anyway does anyone know what happen to the blue (not green )
convertable on the first page, i was offered this when we ,theo and others at bromley
in the early 90's ,looking tatty and with out an engine for ?100 after laughing and walking away, i startted thinking!!!! but lost him in the crowd .years later found it on a webbsite with the owners other american cars, his only fiat..
but with all that extra streanthening in the floor and body it could have stood the test of time alittle better , and that was the photo i was shown back then,
whot happen to it?Huh?? Undecided

On my 6 th 131 now Goldy
mirafiori76

« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2011, 03:47:51 PM »

Wink Came by this very, very old topic and enjoyed reading it completely. At first there was a question why the 131 also has a name. Since i haven't found the answer anywhere on the forum and it seems that nobody knows the answer (correct me if i am wrong perhaps i can shine a light on this matter. This is the true story. Shocked
Back in 1974 when the 131 was designed and produced Fiat used no names but numbers for their models; 126 to 133, with exception of a model called 129. The family car was called 131. But it also got the name mirafiori, spelled with a small "m". The reason is this. Because of all kinds of troubles, especially with employees, Fiat decided to contribute the car to the factory and its co-workers. But, because it was a type of model with a number the name added was in small letters.
The 131 therefor is the only car ever with a model number AND a name.
Oh, guess what the co-workers did in reply? Right, they went on strike  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Mike.131 Abarth group 4, 131 Racing Walter Rohrl, 131 1600 CL
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.