Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:10:01 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  The Garage (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Front shock absorbers support
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Front shock absorbers support  (Read 5353 times)
131DHOC

« on: July 05, 2010, 09:44:13 PM »

Well we have a new problem, we are attempting to buy new rubber top ends for front absorbers for a MK1 131 mirafiori, 1977 car, but this part is not as usual modern part for supermirafiori is; this is how it looks:

Yagmur says his parts are different but equivalent and substitute old type without modifications, can anyone help us to achieve some information about this piece and compatibility? The part is for a friend in Spain, so the picture is from a seat car, but first series should be the same...
This is same type from the two doors automatic yellow 131 for sell in another section:

Thank you in advance.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 09:59:33 PM by 131DHOC » Logged
F. Premens

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 10:43:44 PM »

They look the same, don't they?
131DHOC

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 12:03:12 PM »

Yagmur told me that these alternative parts sustitute originals, did anyone of you buy similar parts from Yagmur? Anyone fitted them in a first series mirafiori?

parrish

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2010, 04:53:45 PM »

Yes i bought and fitted the new model in replacement of the old one and all is fine.
And im i Spain as well! Where abouts is your friend?
Steve

Steve Parrish owner of:  1977 131 4 door.
131DHOC

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2010, 04:57:30 PM »

Yes i bought and fitted the new model in replacement of the old one and all is fine.
And im i Spain as well! Where abouts is your friend?
Steve

Hello, can you tell me if minor details are needed? Can we use all bolts and nuts etc and only buy rubber support without the metal dish you can see in the picture? My friend is the new forumist F. Premens, he introduced himself and his car in the appropriate section few days ago.
Thank you for your information.
parrish

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2010, 05:16:39 PM »

I cant remember the details, here are a couple of photos of the one i removed and then the new one fitted.
I do remember having to find a couple of spacers for the top thread (main one in the centre of the ock absorber) as the threads were not long enough.
Other bolt holes lined up OK.
Your friend will need some heavy duty spring compressors, i have a pair thats why im asking where he is, i did ask on the thread but had no reply.
Steve

Steve Parrish owner of:  1977 131 4 door.
131DHOC

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2010, 08:46:09 PM »

thank you Parrish, for sure Premens will post soon on this thread, anyway I don't know where he lives exactly, but I think he's from Pais Vasco.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 08:50:20 PM by 131DHOC » Logged
F. Premens

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2010, 12:29:19 PM »

I'm from a little village near to Bilbao, we are a bit far..  Wink

But the support in the last pic is from a 2nd or 3rd series, the 1st series
does not have 5 screws.  Huh
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.