Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:30:14 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Rear boot spoiler
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rear boot spoiler  (Read 8285 times)
jseabolt

« on: December 19, 2006, 04:55:32 AM »

OK guys, I think it was Thotos who said somebody might have one of these rear boot spoilers for sale. Anybody got one for sale?

1968 Ford Fairlane 500 (302 automatic)
1980 Fiat 131 Brava  (2000 automatic)
1980 Fiat 124 Spider (2000 turbocharged)
1987 Yugo GV (1500 turbocharged)
1981 Trabant 601
2003 Subaru Baja
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2006, 12:52:14 PM »

I am surprised that nobody has got back to you on this yet  Undecided

As I think I've mentioned before, I have two of them but neither is perfect. Posting it to the USA is likely to cost a fair bit (they are heavier than you think) so I'd say if you are going to get one from Europe then you should try and get a new one or an 'as new' condition. They often appear on ebay so try looking at international sales on ebay.

I'll find the ones I have over the holidays and take some pictures and remind me of the problems; I seem to remember that one had some of the the studs broken in the holes and the other had a small cut in the corner...

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
jseabolt

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2006, 06:51:59 PM »

I am surprised that nobody has got back to you on this yet? Undecided

As I think I've mentioned before, I have two of them but neither is perfect. Posting it to the USA is likely to cost a fair bit (they are heavier than you think) so I'd say if you are going to get one from Europe then you should try and get a new one or an 'as new' condition. They often appear on ebay so try looking at international sales on ebay.

I'll find the ones I have over the holidays and take some pictures and remind me of the problems; I seem to remember that one had some of the the studs broken in the holes and the other had a small cut in the corner...

There is a guy in Australia who has a NOS spoiler but the spoiler plus shipping is over $US 300. So I'm debating on wheather to buy it.? Is it something I could live without?

Since my car is not a concours winner anyway, I'd rather someone who has a much better car than mine use one that is in perfect condition.

What are these spoilers made of? Fiberglass? I thought they were made of rubber.

There is not much demand for 131 parts over here but one way to offset the cost is to make a copy of it and sell it to some other 131 owners I know.

I would be interested in one of your spoilers.  Send me some pics when you get a chance. How much do you want for it?

« Last Edit: December 23, 2006, 07:02:35 PM by jseabolt » Logged

1981 Trabant 601
2003 Subaru Baja
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2007, 01:21:54 AM »

You can certainly live without a rear spoiler and I wouldn't pay $300 for one. You are right that they are made of rubber, a water absorbing spongy rubber that will rust your boot (trunk?) lid in no time and give you many concussions as the boot lid will forever be falling on your head when you put things in the boot (trunk).

They are heavy things and I suspect a large amount of the $300 is for posting? I would think posting one from the UK to the USA will be very expensive. Below is a photo of one of the two I have. I can't really get to it unless I get the 131 out of the garage and to do that I need to move the Gamma which is outside the garage but unfortunately the Gamma is in no condition to move at the moment! The one in the photo looks OK but I suspect it's the one that's had the studs broken in the holes so unless they can be taken out it will be a bit difficult to fit it to the car. I have another but it's in my "spares garage" and I haven't managed to go and search for it. Once I manage to do that or move the 131 to get to the one in the photo I'll check the condition more carefully and get back to you.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 01:30:19 PM by Thotos » Logged

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
124 ac

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2007, 07:04:11 PM »

Hi Jseabolt you can get a fiberglass spoiler at the link below the price is reasonable and postage would be also, it would require some fillers paint to fit
http://www.abarth-gmr.be/new/parts.php?dzial=FIAT%20131%20ABARTH
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2007, 10:20:53 PM »

If it's fibreglass you're after, one like this

can be bought from here http://www.131abarth.com/fiat_131_abarth_parts1.htm

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2007, 12:18:21 PM »

The whole body kit is available here.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Fiat-131-Abarth-group-4-bodykit-tarmac_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ107060QQihZ011QQitemZ320067957228QQrdZ1

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
jseabolt

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2007, 12:06:39 PM »

Fiberglass would be prefered over the rubber one. I've been to this guy's website before and noticed he had a fiberglass boot lid with the spoiler made into it but didn't think he sold just the spoiler. 100 Euros is about $130 so that's better than what the guy in Australia wants for a new old stock rubber unit.

1981 Trabant 601
2003 Subaru Baja
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.