Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:51:04 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  For Sale and Wanted (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Avoid this ebay seller! selling Fiat parts
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Avoid this ebay seller! selling Fiat parts  (Read 6890 times)
106usj

« on: August 31, 2010, 01:12:15 PM »

I am posting this to warn people on this site about this seller.
(motorman253) from Athens Greece.
First.I dont care if the seller is on this site.
Long story short !
I orderd this item New Fiat 124-131-125 Abarth Seat Alquati Weber Dellorto intake manifold on ebay on the 02 July 2010.
I payed for the item on the same day.I waited weeks for the item to come and still nothing,after sending the seller various email's i was told by him he was making a new improved version and it would take another week or so.The weeks passed and still no item came.I sent many messages and recived no reply.So i had to take the case to ebay resolution centre i then had to wait from 6th Aug untill the 16th Aug to resolve as per ebays instrucsions.It was only on the last day the 16th Aug i recived a message from the seller as many of these seller's do, saying he had been unwell !! and he would send a refund.So i waited (AGAIN) many messages later to the seller, again with no reply's & still no refund.After telling the seller i was now going to contact ebay again and take case to ebay and escalate the case i got my ?210.00 back today the 31st September.This seller is rood enough to take your money and not even be polite enough to reply to you even when all my messages were polite to him.  I buy a lot of Fiat 131 parts from this forum's members so i just wanted to warn you all.
david

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 04:53:02 PM »

106, Thanks for the warning and glad you got your money back, I have been lucky so far buying from ebay but I know it can go wrong.
106usj

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 06:54:09 PM »

David i have been lucky also up till now on ebay.
3-4 years of buying on ebay and i never had any hassle and the first time i buy from an international seller on ebay this was my experience.
At the end of the day i got my money back but just to warn people if your item is taking longer to arrive than normal and the seller is not responding.
Dont waste time go (straight) to the ebay resolution centre.
stathe174

131 S

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 07:45:46 PM »

Yes you're wright about this. It happened to me many times. But not all Greeks are bad though... Wink

My 131 Special went HISTORIC
106usj

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010, 08:13:20 PM »

Stathe174  Smiley
 I know ! it could happen on ebay UK also.
Its just happend to be my first international buy and not a nice experience thats all.
Tas131

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2010, 09:14:11 PM »

You're just lucky the seller wasn't bearing gifts!

Mick.
Tasmania. Australia.
Red/grey series 2 (Daily driver)
Dark blue series 1 (Dismantled)
Light blue series 2 (Crashed then dismantled)
Metallic blue series 2 (Dismantled)
131 Devon Dave

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2010, 09:14:22 PM »

Too many robbers on ebay if you ask me. I buy on ebay but alway do it on things I can collect. Hard with overseas I know. I rather go without and keep the money!!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.