Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:02:00 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  For Sale and Wanted (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Fiat 131 Sport for sale - RHD
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fiat 131 Sport for sale - RHD  (Read 17880 times)
kev131
Founding Member

« on: August 23, 2007, 12:25:34 AM »

Check this out - Great opportunity if you are after what looks like a rust free and mechanically sorted 131 Sport.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180151974286&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:uk

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
jasonh131

BILLERICAY ESSEX UK

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 07:46:58 PM »

looks like he's had lots of interest, i bet this tops ?6000, it seams he's had lot of new panels and doors.
  but never been in the fold mr mystery man/car.....

On my 6 th 131 now Goldy
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 08:00:55 PM »

Not a mystery to me. The car was at the Fiat Spectacular in Gaydon in 2003 where I met the owner and spent some time talking to him (but I can't remember his name).

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2007, 08:36:54 PM »

Hi Jason

It's always interesting to see a 131 Sport for sale, especially now as we are in a rising market. I was chatting with the lads by e-mail earlier and my estimate is a reserve of ?5k with a maximum bid of ?4k, ie no sale. Logic for lower estimate is paint history, if so many panels needed replacing what are the parts that couldn't be replaced like?? mileage (110,000) and number of owners (9).

Let's keep an eye - As very few come along anything could happen, and I think this looks to be a nice example on face value.

Kevin Doyle
Limerick, Ireland
martyk
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2007, 09:39:48 PM »

hi guys it looks beautyfull expect it to top ?7000 what do you think of wheels from someone who,s a little bit different from the rest  Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2007, 10:53:59 PM »

6 Interior shots now added and bidding is up to ?2500 - Reserve still not reached.

If this is a converted 2 dr L, it's a good job as the interior looks proper Sport - I'm trying to think what could be overlooked in such a conversion that might indicate it's history and therefore explain the white colour throughout the car - Was it only the Sport that had the parking disc timer on the sun visor?  Huh

Kevin Doyle
Limerick, Ireland
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2007, 11:02:44 PM »

Was it only the Sport that had the parking disc timer on the sun visor?  Huh

In Italy all cars had a parking time indicators. These were either built-in as with number of models  or a clip-on device. The sun visors for export cars were changed as the parking time indicators were only used in Italy but Fiat didn't bother changing the visors in the export versions of the 131 Sport.

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
martyk
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2007, 11:22:12 PM »

sorry guys fell of the stool laughing at what a thick c..t i am i never knew what that was on the sunvisor different people asked me before  Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
curt

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2007, 08:33:38 AM »

Only thing I can think of is the side trim bars/mouldings are missing on this particular car . Also, is that a type of yellow filler/primer on the inside of the rear quarters ( view boot shot )  Huh Huh
Again i cannot think of a genuine 131 sport in white  Huh
Maybe the buyer can get a history on the log book and check  Smiley
But it wont be me  Huh Huh
Still got lots of work in new house  Huh Huh
 Grin Grin

Solihull West Midlands
Still keeps hoping for another sport !
hicky131

The future's bright - The future's orange

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2007, 02:12:16 PM »

When this car was at stanford hall about 4 years ago,i was talking to another 131 nut who had spoken to the owner (i never got the chance to meet him before he left the show) and i remember him saying that the car was restored with a full set of panels including full rear wings,genuine floor sections and new doors.

The new rear wings and the doors wouldnt have come with the holes in them for the mouldings as they are exactley the same as the base models which diddnt have any trim fitted. The same goes for the standard 131 front wings too.
This in my opinion means that it isnt a base model with sport running gear but a sport with new standard 131 panels.
He's obviousley just decided not to fit the mouldings.

Each to there own i suppose.There's nothing stopping the new owner from fitting the trim later if he wishes to.

Who cares anyway,the car's a minter and this is a very rare oportunity,so anyone on hear with some spare cash burning a hole in there pockets should get it bought now!

You can always spray it orange later! Wink Grin Cool

Wayne Hickman,
Huddersfield,West Yorkshire, UK
curt

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2007, 07:32:02 PM »

But its still white - understandably new panels will have come in primer and may explain the traces left in the rear quarters -but if you were doing a proper rebuild -would you not paint the full inside panel before fitting  Huh Huh
Especially if you went to the trouble of new floors etc .
And would you not replace the original trim - a few holes and clips surely is not a problem after all that welding and painting  Grin Grin

Solihull West Midlands
Still keeps hoping for another sport !
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.