Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:24:39 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  For Sale and Wanted (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Black Fiat 131 Sport
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Black Fiat 131 Sport  (Read 36373 times)
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2010, 08:54:00 PM »

This is the first black 'Sport' I've seen in years and to be honest it makes my heart sing. Kiss I have always loved black 131 Sports.  Cool I had two back in the day and would dearly love another one. Oh well, I only hope they're not all gone yet. Grin

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2010, 10:04:07 PM »

You're all missing the obvious too guys - black cars had red interiors, this car has a black interior.

Not the case with all black Sports Si - They could also come with either black or light brown interiors as original Fiat colours. This conversation comes up every 6 months - Arn't Sports great...? I've said this before but I'd love to have been present when Fiat were deciding on the colour combinations to make the car available in - I'm convincved they were having a laugh ..or pi**ed on vino! Grin

I empathise with the heart singing comment - I too would love a clean original black Sport.

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2010, 10:09:18 PM »

I think Simon is right for UK cars; all black ones had the red interior. But I saw a German black car with a very light brown interior. Not sure how Fiat described it but I described it as "diarrhoea brown". It was awful but could have been because it was old and faded and dirty as the car I saw was a 'spares' car.

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2010, 08:29:55 AM »

I think Simon is right for UK cars; all black ones had the red interior. But I saw a German black car with a very light brown interior. Not sure how Fiat described it but I described it as "diarrhoea brown". It was awful but could have been because it was old and faded and dirty as the car I saw was a 'spares' car.

Isn't that a bit like saying "Simon is right for all cars that had red interiors"....?  Grin

Even so I'm not sure that that statement about UK cars is 100% correct - I'll see if I can find a picture of a black UK car with a black interior - The light brown colour was in my Father's car and it was a rich velvet when new. However the material was prone to rapid deterioration ...as we all know... Huh

Kevin Doyle
Limerick, Ireland
Rob 131

« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2010, 12:11:56 PM »

I'm tentatively with Kev on this one  Wink. I am sure (and have seen) UK cars in their day with a black interior. I have the brochure from the pre black sport days and if anyone had the later brochure then the issue could be resolved  Cool.

I am going back to the UK in a few weeks and will raid the attic and see what contempoary Mirafiori pictures I can find to post on the forum. Maybe there will be a picture of a black Mirafiori with a black interior. The more I think about it all the ones I have seen may have had the red interior. Confused  Embarrassed

As a final thought for the cars where their was an option of red or black interiors (Silver or Gey); what was your favourite. I'll start Red.

Rob 131: 2019 BMW 530d M Sport, 2019 Mini Cooper Clubman, 2015 Kawasaki ZX6R 636 Performance Edition & 2012 Alfa Romeo Mito 1.3JTDM

Formally Owned an Orange 1979 131 Mirafiori Sport in 90/91

UK
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2010, 12:28:15 PM »

Isn't that a bit like saying "Simon is right for all cars that had red interiors"....?  Grin

Not quite! As far as I know (and I remember seeing a mini-leaflet on this) the UK options were:

1 Silver exterior black interior
2 Orange exterior black interior
3 Gunmetal grey exterior choice of black or red interior

and that was all until the black cars were introduced in 198? (can't remember) adding to the choice as:

4 Black exterior red interior.

Then again I could be wrong.....  Undecided (but I don't think so  Grin)

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2010, 12:36:12 PM »

You're not wrong Theo. Roll Eyes Black cars in the UK came with the red interior as per both the brochures of the time and my experience. Other markets (including Eire)probably had other options.  Wink I too have seen Sports with both black exterior and interior in the UK but only where there had been a change in either body colour or interior.

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2010, 01:33:28 PM »

You're not wrong Theo. Roll Eyes Black cars in the UK came with the red interior as per both the brochures of the time and my experience. Other markets (including Eire)probably had other options.  Wink I too have seen Sports with both black exterior and interior in the UK but only where there had been a change in either body colour or interior.

This debate never fails to fascinate me Grin

Aside from the fact that I don't trust Fiat produced documentation on the Mirafiori (latest example I've seen is the S3 131 handbook showing details of a 2 door version) and therefore would not treat a colour option list as absolute I, like Rob, think I've seen a picture of a black UK market car with a black interior in a Fiat brochure - I'll dig it out to see if I'm right or not.

Another example of why I feel that marketing literature for the 131 (and Sport) is untrustworthy is that I have never seen the black body/beige bumpers and interior documented on anything that Fiat produced....other than their Eurpoean colour chart.

Kevin Doyle
Limerick, Ireland
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2010, 01:52:47 PM »

The UK only got black bumpers and trim for the Sport. Strangely though, the parts department listed all available colours even though they only stocked black. When I went to Fiat Alperton in 1983-ish to buy a replacement front wheel arch trim for my silver 131 Sport, the parts man said "what colour do you want?" to which I said "black of course, they are all black". He went on to list all available colours and then said "no, we only have one type and comes unpainted so you have to paint it". I expected to get something in grey primer but I actually got it in black. And it was ?80+ back then which must be the equivalent of a few hundred ?? now!  Shocked
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 02:32:20 PM by Thotos » Logged

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
mirafiori76

« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2010, 02:29:19 PM »

Here in Holland there were only three colors available. From 78 to 1980 we got orange and gun metal grey with silver trims. From 1980 on to 1982 there was only silver cars available with black trims.
The orange cars had black interior and the gun metal grey had the red interior. The silver all had black interior.
We never had black Racings at all Cry

Mike.131 Abarth group 4, 131 Racing Walter Rohrl, 131 1600 CL
mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2010, 06:00:20 PM »

Perhaps a few dealers swapped interiors? For example a dealer could have taken a black car with a red interior and a gunmetal one with a black interior and swapped them over? strange things have happened particularly where customers and sales are concerned!

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
bellamacchina

bellamacchina

« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2010, 06:01:29 PM »

I have the brochure from the Walter R?hrl version where is also a black car shown with a black interior and "gold" trim.
Red interior was only available the earlier years. It looks like red was far more popular in the UK than in other countries.
Mike, gun metal you could get with black or red, although I believe that the first cars in Holland all came with red interior. And as far as I know silver was indeed only possible to order with black interior.
And yes, then there is the small black serie with brown interior.   and we can start with the outside trims..........   Great cars, interesting history, nice talks... Just love it.
You also can remove the trim and interio and change it into an Abarth repro. Discussion closed isn't it? Grin Grin Grin Grin

bellamacchina  Albert

Dronten  Flevoland the Netherlands
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2010, 06:03:37 PM »

Perhaps a few dealers swapped interiors? For example a dealer could have taken a black car with a red interior and a gunmetal one with a black interior and swapped them over? strange things have happened particularly where customers and sales are concerned!

Interesting theory Dave but I think that a picture from a UK brochure should settle it.

If this theory was true, it would involve swapping door cards.... and seatbelts too... where some colour combinations were concerned.  Shocked

Kevin Doyle
Limerick, Ireland
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2010, 06:23:39 PM »

I have the brochure from the Walter R?hrl version where is also a black car shown with a black interior and "gold" trim.

Now you have prompted me to look at my brochures and contrary to what I said earlier, I do have some Fiat pictures of the black/gold colour combo...ie the WR versions. Actually Albert, that interior could be gold/beige - Look at the seatbelts... Smiley

Kevin Doyle
Limerick, Ireland
mirafiori76

« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2010, 06:28:21 PM »

Now we are discussing Racings and their interiors and trims, how about this one:

A lot of us will have the orange brochure with four Racings lined up: Silver, orange and gun metal grey. Has anybody ever seen one Racing or mirafiori Sport with blue trims? Or with the green trims?

Mike.131 Abarth group 4, 131 Racing Walter Rohrl, 131 1600 CL
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.