Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:48:56 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  For Sale and Wanted (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Black Fiat 131 Sport
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Black Fiat 131 Sport  (Read 36371 times)
mirafiori76

« Reply #60 on: October 06, 2010, 01:11:41 PM »

Too bad about the roof. Grille, trims and bumper look ok. Rest unimportant. Is this car still somewhere or is it already crushed? Like the blue on the silver. Cool

Mike.131 Abarth group 4, 131 Racing Walter Rohrl, 131 1600 CL
hammerbeirne

« Reply #61 on: October 06, 2010, 01:22:05 PM »

I think its gone to the great Fiat heaven Sad Heres some more combinations

* sid.jpg (68.95 KB, 604x484 - viewed 636 times.)

* kddc.jpg (115.32 KB, 778x600 - viewed 731 times.)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 01:24:23 PM by hammerbeirne » Logged
mirafiori76

« Reply #62 on: October 06, 2010, 06:33:46 PM »

The gun metal grey car has light grey trims. That's different? Mostly they were silver.
Always prefered the red interior over the black one...and mine has the black.

curt

« Reply #63 on: October 06, 2010, 07:25:00 PM »

If you dont like the black seats - I will swap them for my leather living room recliner - Throw the whole car in and you may get the settee as well  Grin Grin Grin
Oh by the way -its cream leather -If youre interested Ill get some pics  Grin Grin

Red seats in a 131 - really !!!! You only get them covered in oil fixing and tweaking  Grin Grin

Just for fun

Curt

Solihull West Midlands
Still keeps hoping for another sport !
mirafiori76

« Reply #64 on: October 06, 2010, 07:39:29 PM »

Curt,

I never said i don't like the black interior. I just prefer the red. Never had it in my car but i find it suits with the gun metal grey and silver lining.

curt

« Reply #65 on: October 06, 2010, 07:44:22 PM »

Well as long as it doesn't clash with your wardrobe - or the wife/girlfriends  lipstick then thats OK

Grin Grin Grin

Like i say - all in fun  Grin

Anyway forget interiors - crack on with the rebuild and get some photos up  Wink

Solihull West Midlands
mirafiori76

« Reply #66 on: October 06, 2010, 07:51:07 PM »

I know you're making fun, Curt. Wink

At the moment i'm working three cars at the same time. Because the Abarth needs some parts that are very expensive and even harder to find i have to put it on hold. The replica is on for some major cleaning up. Have to take off all protection stuff and metal parts that don't belong on the rally car. And believe me, that's a lot. Should take off some kilo's.
Just got the Racing running again and now i am fixing everything that needs to be fixed to get it nice and ready for the road again. After ten years of standing it really needs work. And i don't mean changing the black interior for a red one...would be nice though... Wink

124AC

« Reply #67 on: November 12, 2010, 11:48:41 PM »

Guys, the colour debate is always interesting!

My brother-in-law brought a gunmetal car with a black interior, then a silver car with a black interior, then a black car with a black interior.  Another friend brought a black car with a black interior and an electric sunroof!

I got a gunmetal car with a red interior.  I like the combination.

I realise I may get shot for this, but here goes anyway..........

Remove seats from car.
Carefully remove 'hog rings' (round metal clips) and peel covers back from seats.  You need to unhook the through bars that keep the seams straight.
Remove all clips, bars, and rings.
Check seams for splits and loose stitching.  Repair and damage.
Distract wife and place in washing machine on a short, gentle wash.  Add one tablet to each load.
Remove from washing machine and tumble dry for 30 minutes.
Remove from dryer and place straight back onto seat while still warm.
Brush gently with a clothes brush to align the pile on the fabric.

It helps to concentrate on one seat at a time, and assemble it before you move to the next.

You will be stunned by the amount of dirt that comes out, and how bright the seats are when you put them back in the car!

Current Fleet:  124AC Coupe. Torque tube model.  Supermirafiori 2000 S3.   Alfa Sprint Cloverleaf 1700.  Lancia Delta Integrale 8V Kat.  Lancia Delta Integrale 8V Kat
Sev131

« Reply #68 on: November 13, 2010, 12:02:12 AM »

Guys, the colour debate is always interesting!

My brother-in-law brought a gunmetal car with a black interior, then a silver car with a black interior, then a black car with a black interior.  Another friend brought a black car with a black interior and an electric sunroof!

I got a gunmetal car with a red interior.  I like the combination.

I realise I may get shot for this, but here goes anyway..........

Remove seats from car.
Carefully remove 'hog rings' (round metal clips) and peel covers back from seats.  You need to unhook the through bars that keep the seams straight.
Remove all clips, bars, and rings.
Check seams for splits and loose stitching.  Repair and damage.
Distract wife and place in washing machine on a short, gentle wash.  Add one tablet to each load.
Remove from washing machine and tumble dry for 30 minutes.
Remove from dryer and place straight back onto seat while still warm.
Brush gently with a clothes brush to align the pile on the fabric.

It helps to concentrate on one seat at a time, and assemble it before you move to the next.

You will be stunned by the amount of dirt that comes out, and how bright the seats are when you put them back in the car!

Good info, think i'm gonna try it.

djape1977

« Reply #69 on: November 13, 2010, 07:24:50 AM »

it's a bitch to put back on. i did it with my 132

get a bigger hammer!
curt

« Reply #70 on: November 13, 2010, 10:28:03 AM »

@124AC - Whats a washing machine ? I thought that was the wife  Grin Grin

Solihull West Midlands
124AC

« Reply #71 on: November 13, 2010, 07:37:04 PM »

Guys

You're right, they are difficult to put back, but if you try assembling while they're still warm they fit better.

When you wash a red sport interior, or a gold super interior they almost look metallic in the sunshine.

As for the washing machine, I managed to blag my way clear when my good lady returned home to find me baking enamal onto brake calipers in the oven!  I explained that it was new paint on calipers that had been blasted clean!

Current Fleet:  124AC Coupe. Torque tube model.  Supermirafiori 2000 S3.   Alfa Sprint Cloverleaf 1700.  Lancia Delta Integrale 8V Kat.  Lancia Delta Integrale 8V Kat
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.