Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:44:02 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  3MA News and other events (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Classic Italian Car Event - 131s especially welcome!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Classic Italian Car Event - 131s especially welcome!  (Read 6711 times)
kev131
Founding Member

« on: August 26, 2007, 11:20:02 AM »

The date for your calendars is Sunday 30th September.

The format of the day is leisurely with a meet and park for lunch (APPROX NOON) and to admire the cars followed by a trip by convoy to Rosegreen Raceway for a static show with an Italian flavour while enjoying the racing which includes Hot Rods, bangers and Drifting - I'm nor sure of the nature of the racing on this particular day but I'll update this when I know.

The lunch meet will be somewhere in Co Tipperary - Rosegreen is between Tip town and Cashel.

All CLASSIC ITALIAN VEHICLES WELCOME!  Wink

Plans are also being made for a Classic FIAT event in October which will involve more scenic driving with more frequent stops.

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2007, 03:27:12 AM »

Update

Meet at Galtee More restauarant at noon for lunch and tyre kicking before heading off in convoy for Rosegreen.

Entertainment is DRIFTING and seeing if we can out number the Ford boys!

Galtee More is 2/3kms outside of Tip town on the Waterford road - Look for the orange cars!!  Wink

Kevin Doyle
Limerick, Ireland
gerafiori
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007, 12:17:19 PM »

hi kev, i should be there, just got to fit an oil pres guage to my evo,
dont want to rebuild her again,
i can mention to a few others.
cheers   gerry...............................
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007, 04:45:21 PM »

Good news Gerry - I'm quite likely to be in Tip on Sat afternoon having some work done on the 131 - I understand that your car is ex Mark Williams which means I've seen it before in Waterford - Great to hear of another restoration project in Ireland - They are going all over the place now, yours makes 5 that I know of!!

Kevin Doyle
Limerick, Ireland
martyk
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2007, 10:01:38 PM »

hi guys glad to hear you have a 131 gerry put a v8 engine or something mad that will suit you dont think i will make the trip i have to admit rugby takes priority this sunday sorry guys
Tristan

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2007, 10:34:57 PM »

Sadly we'll be missing too , the Cork 20 is taking priority... the Alitalia 131 is doing course car .
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2007, 04:57:45 PM »

For anyone who is following this there is a small change in plan.
The drifting and static show has been replaced by hot rodding and parking in the normal car park. Also, instead of the direct route to Rosegreen the convoy will take a more scenic route.

Apologies about the last minute change of plan which is due to confusion about event dates at the venue.

Still meet at noon at the Galtee More.

Regards

Kevin Doyle
Limerick, Ireland
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2007, 06:24:05 PM »

Quick report on today's event - We met at the appointed venue with a few unexpected car and drivers turning up, and even a few without Italian cars but who were attracted to the event - It's always nice when word of mouth spreads even for such a small event such as this.

In all we had 9 cars as follows :

Fiat 132 1600 cc
Fiat 131S 1600 cc
Fiat 128 3P
Fiat 124 Sport CC 1600 cc
Fiat 124 Sport AC 1600 cc
Fiat X1-9
Fiat 131 Sport
Fiat 131 Sport
Lancia Delta Integrale

We set off on a circuitous trip of Co Tipperary taking in the pictueresque vilage of Holycross and the Rock of Cashel before heading back to Rosegreen racetrack. I had to head off early because of the Rugby world cup competition (wish I hadn't bothered now!!!).

We had glorious weather. saw some new countryside and drove some nice country back roads - Plenty of excuses for opening up the throttles and a good opportunity to try out the improvements to my own car - (see separate story) Pics attached.

Kevin Doyle
Limerick, Ireland
ger

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2007, 07:05:02 PM »

hi Ger here, got to Rosegreen abit late, had the family with me . Saw some of the Hot rods etc; but met some of the 131s coming out of Cashel. What a sight hadn't seen one in a while, in the flesh. The photos look good. hopefully can make the october event.

regards Ger.

Die Young at a Very Old Age.............3 times 131 owner(1300/1600cl & 2lt Gun Metal Grey Sport) and now the proud owner 01 Punto Sporting 1.2lt  6 speed 16 valve (black); 89 E30 BMW 316i; 96 Saab 900 ; and a 7 seater for the clan
martyk
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2007, 09:55:49 PM »

hi kev  you are always on hand with your camera even though their were only a few everyone was kept in the one conversation
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.