Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:05:26 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  The Garage (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  131 electrical issues!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 131 electrical issues!  (Read 4717 times)
mirafioriman

My next project......

« on: December 05, 2010, 07:30:10 PM »

Decided my silver super should get a bit of TLC today.....

First up get the horn working. Turned out to be a bad connection on the horn ring behind the wheel.

Next the lights. Numerous bad connections sorted and a few bulbs replaced. All working except the passenger side front indicator unit which although being relatively new is suffering from a bad connection I was unable to sort today.

Finally I had a look at the central locking. Drivers door locking motor was seized and yes you've guessed it I broke it Roll Eyes

I did mean to take some photos but never quite got round to it.......

After fixing the front indicators I also intend to fit the front bumper correctly Wink

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
supermirafiori

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 10:40:22 PM »

All the electrical problems in 131 have the same reason bad quality of electric connectors and bad cantact in  fusebox.
I have serious problem in the past with the fuse near the electric lock system PCB the fusebox does not make good contact with the fuse and i dont have ignition the best solution is to install new fusebox.
About the connectors in my opinion all of them needs to be replaced with new ones in my car i try to install waterproof if i can find.
The connector have pins inside these pins in 131 create on their surface a kind of "rust" who caused from high humidity or from the water when you wash the car and destroy the contact surfaces .The connectors in 131 does not have any protection in water or in humidity.
Also the switch of the electrical motors in windows it is better to "drive"the electric motor via contacts of relay not directly to the switch when the window mechansim blocks or can not lift the window easy(after many wears) between the contacts of the switch create spark and destroy the switch.
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 11:20:48 PM »

What you need is a can (or a few cans  Wink) of Ambersil's Amberlube electrical lubricant. It solves most (if not all) electrical problems on Fiat 131  Grin  http://www.stanleysonline.co.uk/product-1820.htm

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
jack1

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 09:34:02 PM »

hi all,, im having the same sort of probs,,horn does not work  and indicators dont either but hazards do? heater  doesnt blow but does get hot (when you switch it on the lights on the dash dim as if its working''would it be stuck???

1996  850r (sleeper)
stathe174

131 S

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 07:05:26 PM »

the best solution is to install new fusebox.
Do you know where to get a new one? I would like one very very much...
Last week I tryed to pass the car through the Control Check Center and the fuse which was for the radiators ventilator was burned... So the car went hot and ... I think you can figure out the rest ... Sad

My 131 Special went HISTORIC
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.