Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:32:09 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  The Garage (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Fiat steering box
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fiat steering box  (Read 4974 times)
Fiat124ST

« on: January 06, 2011, 06:00:06 PM »

Hi and a happy new year to all!

Can a left hand drive 124 Spider steering box fit a right hand drive 124 SpecialT?

My 124 has got alot of play on its steering box, I have tried adjusting it but stil wonders on the road while driving. No one in SA can repair it and I can buy new Spider steering boxes on Ebay.

Please let me know.
Regards
Neil
TOAD

Green Eye Motorsport - Home Of The Toad

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 06:50:09 PM »

There's always the Lada stuff as well? 

Video of Big Toad Build up.   www.youtube.co.uk/evotoad
djape1977

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 07:21:55 PM »

old type of lada steering box, models 2101, 2102, 2103 and 2106 have exactly the same steering box as 124 spider. rare in RHD but perhaps worth looking for.
also, you should be able to swap internals of LHD box with internals of RHD box. not that i have done it, but logic is clear.
there's also rebuild kit for lada steering box consisting of bearings and main axle. cheap and worth doing if housing is not damaged.

get a bigger hammer!
Fiat124ST

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 08:09:39 AM »

Hi and thanks for your replies.

I didn't think about the Lada steering boxes, I will look into it and let you know.

Thanks again
Regards
Neil
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.