Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:49:47 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  3MA News and other events (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Killarney Hooliganism moves to East Sussex
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Killarney Hooliganism moves to East Sussex  (Read 5890 times)
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« on: September 02, 2007, 10:06:26 PM »

OK, there's a lot of poetic licence used in the title of this posting! There was no hooliganism in East Sussex but the sight and sound of three 131s disturbing the peace and quiet of the East Sussex UK countryside brought back memories of driving around Ireland during the 3MA.

Today (Sunday 2nd September, 2007) three boys (more poetic licence for at least one oldie here):

and their toys (131s  Grin):

met up and went for a drive around East Sussex.

The meeting was organised by Andy and Anita so while Anita was at home cooking for us we spent a few hours following a wonderful route that Andy (photo below) put together so we could really enjoy our 131s.

Simon (photo below) and I were the only two that took up Andy's and Anita's invitation (where were the rest of you?)

We met at Forest Row where as usual I was the last one to get there but I WAS on time for our 10:00am start.

So the three 131s left Forest Row in convoy with Andy (obviously) in the lead car.

Pretty East Sussex countryside whizzes past very quickly when driving a 131

Stopped for coffee (and tea) at a lovely place in the Ashdown Forest

And then continued on our drive.

Hey, I am being followed by an Abarth Stradale!

Quick pit stop (some more poetic licence! It was a necessary 'comfort' stop after all the tea and coffee  Grin)

before getting to Beachy Head

Apparently Beachy Head is the most popular place for suicides in the UK!

Here's the edge of the cliff and it's a long way down although the photo doesn't do the drop justice.

Our hosts for the day Anita and Andy (with Simon on the right)

I am sure Simon will join me in saying a HUGE thank you to Anita and Andy for providing both great driving pleasure and extremely yummy food.  Thank you very much Anita and Andy.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 09:44:11 AM by Thotos » Logged

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Baja141

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2007, 03:30:52 AM »

Good looking cars !!. . Any photos under the hood ? We love to see engines ..TQ  Wink

Fiat131TC-Fiat131CL
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2007, 06:05:32 AM »

Blimey Theo, all it needs is numbers under the faces in the top photo and we could have escaped from somewhere! Cheesy

If users of the site are able to get past this first photo those of the cars are superb Grin. I wonder for how long you had both hands on the wheel Grin

Thanks VERY much to Andy and his lovely wife (that'll cost you a fiver 'Nita Cool) for a truly fun day in East Sussex. The food and company were very special, thank you both.

It would have been great had a few more 131s been in attendance but it was still a wonderful day out. The rain stayed off until after I got home, but in missing all of the motorways I manged to get tangled up in the London bound Goodwood Revival traffic some miles south of Guildford, so it took me the best part of two hours to get home Roll Eyes But you know what - I wasn't hacked off with the traffic at all - I thoroughly enjoyed my drive home through the lovely South Downs.

Thanks again A & A, here's to the next time!! (Perhaps at mine or Theo's Cool)

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
Andy c

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2007, 05:25:09 PM »

Hi all, just to say "Thank You" for coming down, a great time was had, you are welcome any time and i will get another route sorted,looking forward to coming your way next time, and of course going to Scotland next year.

Ps Anita says thanks again for CD

Andy

Andy Cobb
Polegate East Sussex
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2007, 12:16:21 PM »

Hi Guys - Just a quick log in at an internet cafe in Milano.

Looks like you had a great time - And those photos are up to your usual high standard Theo - Glad the rain stayed away

Only one 131 here so far out an about. but I have been to visit a lovely Grey Racing for sale as well as seeing a Red Abarth in the course of restoration - Pics to follow... Wink

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2007, 01:33:34 PM »

Hello Kevin,

The coffee is good in Milano so have an extra one for me!  Wink

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.