Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:45:30 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  For Sale and Wanted (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Starter motor
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Starter motor  (Read 3760 times)
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« on: September 11, 2007, 10:45:10 AM »

The starter motor in my 131 Sport is getting very slow and noisy and I fear it may seize up on me. I suppose if I take it off, clean it and lubricate it, it may live for a while yet but if I am going to take it off I might as well fit a good replacement.  So does anyone have a new or known to be good starter motor for a 2 litre twin cam?

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Walezy

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 11:04:13 PM »

i have used in my car fiat croma 2.0l starter with reducton gear and it works very good. all you need to do is to redrill one of the holes in it and it just fits.

chris131

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 02:03:42 PM »

hi theo, I have a brand new starter motor, I am reluctant to sell it but might part with it if the price is right? If you want to make me an offer on it you can contact me. email:

chrissy962@hotmail.co.uk
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2007, 08:57:04 PM »

Thanks for the offer Chris. I know what it's like to want to keep onto your spares as I am the same; very reluctant to let anything go!

The starter motor in fact seems to have given up completely as the engine would hardly turn over and the car wouldn't start this morning. And before you all say "check the battery", I am sure it's the starter motor and not the battery. I'll need to do something quickly as I was hoping to go the the Auto Italia day at Gaydon next Sunday. I have a spare Croma starter with a dodgy solenoid so I'll see if I can make a good one out of the two.

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.