Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:00:56 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  3MA News and other events (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  3ma11 Driving Routes - Day 2 Friday 6th May - The Marathon Drive!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 3ma11 Driving Routes - Day 2 Friday 6th May - The Marathon Drive!  (Read 5394 times)
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« on: March 08, 2011, 05:21:56 PM »

We are not sure about this one as it's going to be a long one! All very provisional again but the plan for Friday 6th May is to visit Land's End.

We once again drive through Dartmoor National Park but heading north-west this time and picking up the A30. We'll stay on this fast road to Bodmin where we'll cross over onto the A391 to St Austell. We'll continue on fast roads as much as possible and visit the Minack Open Air Theatre.

After a short stop at the Minack we'll head to Land's End where we'll stop for lunch and then use the fast A30 road for our return journey and changing over to the A390 at Bodmin and then crossing the Dartmoor National park on the same route as Thursday but in the opposite direction heading to Kingsteignton.

It's a long drive of just over 400Km so it may have to be adjusted nearer the time.

* Friday.jpg (152.79 KB, 937x536 - viewed 806 times.)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 02:46:04 AM by Thotos » Logged

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
jasonh131

BILLERICAY ESSEX UK

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 07:23:50 PM »

St Ives ,beautifull no9 and the Minack theater breath taking views .

And we'll try not to fill up to much on devon cream teas (infamous badgers holt in dartmeet )
http://www.badgersholtdartmoor.co.uk/index.php?id=3
on the way back  Cheesy
  I may do half this one and do the eden project Wink
 on my many trips to the southwest never been there Smiley
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 07:30:55 PM by jasonh131 » Logged

On my 6 th 131 now Goldy
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 02:13:52 AM »

Badgers Halt sounds like a good plan

The Eden Project is something we considered adding to our itinerary but it's not the sort of place that can be appreciated with a short visit; you'll need the best part of a day for the Eden Project. Of course anyone who wants to spend a day or half a day at the Eden Project they can do so  Wink Cheesy
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 10:36:03 AM by Thotos » Logged

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
jasonh131

BILLERICAY ESSEX UK

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 06:54:21 PM »

Allso you can drive through St Ives very narrow and busy later in summer but very nice ,
 also hayle and a pub up near the towens looking over a glorious 3 miles of golden sands path down to beach near pub
http://www.wheresbest.co.uk/venue/146563/The-Bluff/
Good for a coffee stop if nothing else
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Hayle+Beach+&aq=f
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 07:13:09 PM by jasonh131 » Logged

On my 6 th 131 now Goldy
jasonh131

BILLERICAY ESSEX UK

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 07:17:25 PM »

Also Mousehole , the best fish and chips in the world (run by greeks i think  ) after a long day , eating on the harbour wall 
http://www.cornwalls.co.uk/Mousehole/
 tiny village and parking

On my 6 th 131 now Goldy
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.