Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:23:33 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  3MA News and other events (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Auto Italia Day - Gaydon
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Auto Italia Day - Gaydon  (Read 12728 times)
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« on: September 19, 2007, 05:33:18 AM »

I believe that there is an Auto Italia Day at Gaydon this coming Sunday, 23rd September. I am planning to be there in my 131 Abarth, and by the sound of it Theo will be there in his Sport and Andy in his 'Beast' Cool so it should a good turn out from us 131mirafiori forum members Grin

Anyone else planning on coming? If so, we might be able to pursuade Mr Ward to 'allow' us to all park together Huh

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
mick131

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 08:09:25 AM »

I'd love to go but am working ( leave request turned down !! ). I'm sure Wayne's going with a few others as well.

Shame as I would have loved to have another nosy around your motor.

Hope the weather stays fine for you all.

Mick Wilson
Birkenshaw, West Yorkshire, UK.
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 10:33:34 AM »

by the sound of it Theo will be there in his Sport

Unfortunately not unless I can fix the car on Saturday. Starter motor refuses to be helpful and start the engine so the car isn't going anywhere. I had a quick look last night and one of the long bolts that connects the starter motor body with the gear plate at the front is missing  Shocked and the other long bolt is completely undone so the starter is about to fall apart  Angry Shocked. Also one of the two bolts on the rear bracket that supports the starter motor is missing!  Roll Eyes I think the 8000RPM runs up the Healy Pass must have worked a few bolts loose! I'll have to find the old Croma starter and see if I can make a good starter out of the two (haven't I said that somewhere on this forum before?)

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
curt

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 10:44:30 AM »

I had this problem with my first sport back in 1987  Sad
Easy fix though -just park on a slope or kerbside -lean out of drivers door and push  Grin Grin
Worked for me for 6 months -till i borrowed another from a 132  Wink
Just dont stall at traffic lights  Grin Grin

Solihull West Midlands
Still keeps hoping for another sport !
gerafiori
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2007, 12:16:44 PM »

hi guys,
love to be at gaydon but i left it too late to book flights
now just to exp; we travelled over last year it was fab show
you guys are spoilt for good shows.
have a great day all.
regards gerry.
nigel131sport

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2007, 08:15:51 PM »

the orange boys will be there with 2 131 sports 127 sport 850 coupe and a yellow 127 Smiley
hicky131

The future's bright - The future's orange

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2007, 09:23:26 PM »

Dont want to be dodging Ian's stray 131 windscreen wiper again down the M6 if it rains like last year!
Hopefully he's fitted them a bit tighter now!? Grin

Wayne Hickman,
Huddersfield,West Yorkshire, UK
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2007, 06:08:45 AM »

After making my posting up the page and having spoken to Theo last evening, it looks like both of us may have a problem now. Cry

According to my 'secretary' (the wife) I have a previously booked 'engagement' on Sunday - that will require some 'negotiation' on my part to get out of Roll Eyes

Theo's starter motor continues to give problems, and although I have offered him a recon unit he is severely restricted on time to get it fitted before Sunday.

Watch this space

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2007, 12:23:53 PM »

Oh, and I forgot to mention, the insurance runs out at midnight on Saturday night too Undecided

I've just received my renewal but the idiots have got it listed as a Strada Abarth 130TC and not a 131 Abarth Angry Total muppets Angry They got it wrong the first time and assured me that things would be put right - all they're interested in is taking the money!!

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2007, 02:09:24 PM »

A few bits from the old Croma starter motor, a bit of dexterity, a tad of ingenuity, a lot of contortionism and a touch of the obligatory super glue and the 131 starter motor in once again spinning the engine with great enthusiasm! So all going well I should be in Gaydon tomorrow...

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2007, 04:04:02 PM »

Well, my 131 and I made it there and so did another five 131s so we had six in total  Shocked  Quite an achievement but we never managed to get them all together for a photo shoot so the photos are of the cars in pairs  Undecided

It was a good day (even though it rained AGAIN! Roll Eyes ) and a good selection of Italian cars including what seemed like every Lamborghini registered in the UK  Shocked Apparently the Lamborghini club had some sort of milestone celebration. Of course we also had a TFC meeting and it's always a pleasure to meet up with the president of my fun club  Cheesy as well as all the other 131 friends.

The run round the test track was great fun and confirmed that the newly fitted Mintex discs and pads are well up to the job of stopping the car; I wish I had them fitted before driving the Healy Pass during the 3MA. At least now I know the brakes are up to the job for anything we might drive during 3MA-2008  Grin

« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 10:31:04 PM by Thotos » Logged

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
jasonh131

BILLERICAY ESSEX UK

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2007, 06:28:15 PM »

thank god we can reily on you theo to get the photo's on super
quick for those of us who couldn't make it . hope you and the 131 boys  Grin had a great time cheers

On my 6 th 131 now Goldy
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2007, 07:06:28 PM »

Top photos as usual Theo - Yes pity they were not all together - Did you do any recruiting for 3MA08?

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
Andy c

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2007, 07:37:01 PM »

Having arrived at Gaydon at 10.30, we were greeted by Theo who said what kept you, ( yes he had overtaken us on the M40),it was great to see so many cars already there, and eager to see if there would be any more 131's, we parked up near Simon and Theo and went a wandering.
Chatted to a guy Dave Richards a free lance journalist who was interested in the 3ma 07 and was saying about the possibility of doing a feature for 3ma 08.Heres hoping ,and we will definately be going.

* PICT0017.JPG (196.61 KB, 640x480 - viewed 521 times.)

* PICT0029.JPG (162.71 KB, 640x480 - viewed 535 times.)

Andy Cobb
Polegate East Sussex
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2007, 07:16:47 AM »

Nice to see everybody yesterday, especially Wayne (Hicky131) who I'd not seen for ages!

It was also good to see 6 131s in the same place again, although (as mentioned above) unfortunately they were not close enough together to get a decent photo of them all Undecided Only 33% of them were orange too - so sunglasses were not required Grin Grin

Not much to add to the reports above except to say that the weather was decidely cold and blowy, with the sort of occasional fine rain that gets everything wet! Roll Eyes Most of us had had enough by early afternoon so Theo, Andy and 'Nita and me left at about 2pm.

My 100 mile journey south was uneventful but took a great deal longer than the trip up!? Wink I got home to warm sunshine, which apparently had been the order of the day since the early morning mist cleared Undecided Brilliant! Sad

I think I'm all 'Gaydon'd out' now. It always seems to rain when I've been there and it's a long way to go to park on a large expanse of concrete. Also the ?10 per person entrance fee (?8 if purchased in advance) is a bit steep when I'd already paid for the tank of petrol.

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.