Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:27:11 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Private Message Notifications
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Private Message Notifications  (Read 24939 times)
Administrator
Administrator

« on: April 01, 2008, 10:07:21 AM »

It seems a lot of people when they receive a Private Message notification by email miss the text that says:

?IMPORTANT: Remember, this is just a notification. Please do not reply to this email?

When someone replies to a Private Message email notification, the email is delivered to the administrative account from which the notification was sent. That's me!

A link is provided at the bottom of email notification so please use the link to reply to Private Messages and do not reply to the notification email.

Administrator
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 12:04:38 AM »

We are still receiving several email replies to Private Message Notifications as people simply reply to the notification even though it clearly states ?IMPORTANT: Remember, this is just a notification. Please do not reply to this email?.

I have been manually forwarding such replies to the relevant people but I will no longer be doing it! So if you've sent someone a Private Message and still awaiting a reply, contact them again as they may well have replied to the notification.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 03:06:55 PM by Administrator » Logged
Administrator
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 10:05:59 PM »

A lot of you are still doing this guys!

Please read the whole of your message notifications especially the part that says:

IMPORTANT: Remember, this is just a notification. Please do not reply to this email.

Administrator
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2010, 03:37:28 PM »

This is still happening a lot! If it continues I will disable the feature for receiving PM notifications.  Angry

Please read the whole of your message notifications especially the part that says:

IMPORTANT: Remember, this is just a notification. Please do not reply to this email.

So PLEASE do not hit your email program's "reply" button and email a reply to the PM notifications as that reply is to the forum's admin email account. Instead you must click the link at the bottom of the email message for the reply or even better log onto the forum and reply to the PM via the forum.
martyk

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 05:07:50 PM »

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

always look for the beauty in everything
ADIGA131

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, 01:06:25 AM »

we'll try  Grin

*{ADiGA}*131
Administrator
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2011, 10:16:24 PM »

This is still happening guys and it's happening A LOT!

Administrator
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2011, 12:58:01 PM »

It's still happening guys! So if you are waiting for a reply to a PM and you haven't received it, it's most probably because someone has replied to the notification email instead!
Administrator
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2011, 02:38:24 PM »

It's still happening guys! So if you are waiting for a reply to a PM and you haven't received it, it's most probably because someone has replied to the notification email instead!

Still happening a lot!  Shocked Embarrassed Undecided Angry Angry
Tas131

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2011, 04:02:45 AM »

Simple solution, disable the notification function. If people want to know if they've got a reply, they can log on to the forum.

Mick.
Tasmania. Australia.
Red/grey series 2 (Daily driver)
Dark blue series 1 (Dismantled)
Light blue series 2 (Crashed then dismantled)
Metallic blue series 2 (Dismantled)
Robert

Hasta la victoria siempre!

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2011, 07:52:44 AM »

At this particular time, the problem lies elsewhere. For a few weeks now the notification itself is not sent reliably - sometimes it is, sometimes it is not. And it's not a matter of spam filter, I can rule this out for sure. Where's the problem?

Current motors: Fiat 131 Sport 2000TC "WR Replica" 1978, Fiat Dino 2400 BC 1972, Alfa Romeo GTV 2000 1974, Mercedes-Benz 560SEL 1987, Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 24V 1999, Volvo V70 T5 2000 ("VascoExpress")
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2011, 02:09:45 AM »

Simple solution, disable the notification function. If people want to know if they've got a reply, they can log on to the forum.

Yes that can be done but it would be a case of punishing everyone for the failings of the minority which doesn't seem fair.

Robert, I don't get many PMs so I don't know if there's a problem with the notifications. Notifications for new posts or replies are sometimes late and that's because the forum server is quite overloaded.

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Administrator
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2011, 12:20:58 PM »

It seems a lot of people when they receive a Private Message notification by email miss the text that says:

?IMPORTANT: Remember, this is just a notification. Please do not reply to this email?

When someone replies to a Private Message email notification, the email is delivered to the administrative account from which the notification was sent. That's me!

A link is provided at the bottom of email notification so please use the link to reply to Private Messages and do not reply to the notification email.

It's happening a lot again guys.
I am going to disable all private message notifications so please don't complain when that happens.
mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2011, 10:19:11 PM »

Is there no way you can direct these emails into a folder that automatically deletes them at the end of each day so they disappear without bothering anybody?

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
Administrator
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2011, 12:57:14 AM »

I believe I found a good compromise:
Email notifications of Private Messages will continue but the PM text will not be included in the email. As people will have to log onto the forum to read their messages, hopefully they'll reply via the forum's PM system.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.