Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 09:54:05 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Make your mirafiora famous!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Make your mirafiora famous!  (Read 3241 times)
Aislinn

« on: October 11, 2007, 10:47:24 AM »

Hi All,

Im desperately looking for a 70's mirafiori... we are shooting a pilot documentary about 'Hot Press' Magazine, so we are talking to founder Niall Stokes about this, he has some wonderful stories about the setting up of the Magizine in the 70's and of him and a few of the Lads driving in their mirafioras to make the magazine deadline, so we are hoping to do a re enactment of this next weekend (26th, or 27th), we really want it to be as authentic as possible so we want to use a very late 60's or early 70's? mirafiora, we're Dublin based. Would anyone out there be able to help us HuhHuh

ps we're also on the look out for a Vauxhall Viva same era
theredx19
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 04:29:41 PM »

If you are stuck I have a 1973 124 sport coupe but it is lhd if that helps and "francesca" is very photo genic Smiley Smiley
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 04:40:06 PM »

Hi Aislinn and welcome to our community.

A few queries

1) The 131 wasn't produced until 1974 so you'll be looking for a long time for a late 60s car.

2) Which model 131 do you need? There are lots of different versions with lots of different engine sizes and types. Three different series of 131, produced from 1974 until 1985, with engines from 1300 ohv to 2000 Twin Cam, with many variants in between.

3) Early cars (series 1 produced between 1974 and 1977) were all overhead valve engines of 1300 or 1600cc. These early cars are extremely rare, although there is a one which was recently imported into Eire.

4) Next weekend is 13th and 14th, not the 26th or 27th. When do you need someone?

I have an early 1976 1600 4-door 131 Special that you could use but I live in Hampshire, UK. Your best bet is the green car mentioned above.

I assume that you are able to reimburse travelling expenses (as a minimum) of those who do offer their car for your production(?)

I hope that you are able to make one of our club cars 'famous'. I look forward to seeing the end result,

Simon

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
martyk
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2007, 01:20:56 PM »

hi aislin  i have a 1981 fiat 131 4 door orange in colour very tidy if you are intrested  i live near carrickmacross in monaghan if you want to contact me ring me on 087 6973092 there was no difference in body shape between a 70,s and 80,s car kind regards martin kierans ps if you want me to email a picture ring me
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.