Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 09:30:01 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Practical Classics Price Guide - 131 Sport
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Practical Classics Price Guide - 131 Sport  (Read 3575 times)
hicky131

The future's bright - The future's orange

« on: October 19, 2007, 07:39:20 PM »

One of the lads at work brought the latest copy of the magazine in today and i was suprised to see a little write up on the 131 sport in the price guide at the back,commenting on it being a great,affordable alternative to the RS2000 which(as you proberbly know)are now fetching silly money.

They've also apprieciated that our cars are going up in value and not staying the same value as 15 years ago as some other magazines seem to think. They recon condition 1 is ?3500,Cond 2 ?1500 and Cond 3 ?500 which is better than most mags.

A different magazine i get quite often recons they're worth just over half that at ?1800 condition 1! Yeah right! Roll Eyes? They even value the 127 sport at ?2000! The Strada 130tc is valued at only ?1200 cond 1 as well! Tossers! Angry

There's a little picture of a gunmetal car at the side of the write up too,which looks very much like Theos beauty. Smiley Cool

Just borrowed the magazine and here's what it says:-

Fiat 131 Sport Why you want one A very worthy and still bargain priced alternative to an RS2000 - even after recent price rises as interest in cars with historic rally ability grows. A great version of Fiat's twin-cam under the bonnet seals the deal for us. Smiley Cool

Look for A good genuine example.Sadly,rust has claimed most of these,so just finding one for sale is going to require much patience and persistance.Also check that someone hasn't recreated a dead one using a better shell from a lesser Mirafiori - it will affect the value,especially in the long term.

Wayne.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 12:08:37 AM by hicky131 » Logged

Wayne Hickman,
Huddersfield,West Yorkshire, UK
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 01:44:42 PM »

There's a little picture of a gunmetal car at the side of the write up too,which looks very much like Theos beauty. Smiley Cool

Thanks for the complement Wayne!  Cheesy I got a copy of the magazine today and I can confirm that it is my car in the little photo; in fact I have the original full size photo somewhere...

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 11:29:28 PM »

... I have the original full size photo somewhere...

While looking through my photos to find the original of the little one in Practical Classics (which I found) I also came across the photo of my car below which I think proves categorically that the 131 looks best WITHOUT a rear plastic appendage (spoiler)  Grin

* hb.jpg (446.66 KB, 800x544 - viewed 566 times.)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 11:31:03 PM by Thotos » Logged

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.