Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 05:17:06 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Italian Cars in Malaysia
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Italian Cars in Malaysia  (Read 2102 times)
Rob 131

« on: February 03, 2012, 12:02:39 PM »

I have just spent a most enjoyable week in Malaysia, mainly in Kula Lumpur, and being an Italian car enthusiast, I am always on the lookout to spot suitable old Italian cars  Smiley (hopefully Mirafiori?s  Grin Cheesy) and to see how much Italian cars feature within the domestic market  Wink.

Well it appears there is no market for Italian Cars there  Undecided, with the majority of cars being Malaysian (Proton) with Kia?s and Toyota?s a distant second to these. There is also a sprinkling of Prestige Cars (mainly BMW?s and Lexus) and some Mercedes. There appeared to be very few Audi?s  Undecided Cry.

However someone must like Italian Cars because on just leaving the Hotel I spotted this rather nice Fiat Coupe  Smiley Grin and was quick enough to take a picture (apologies for the quality as I was in a car and it was raining). A few days later I spotted a MK2 Punto (2000-2005) at the side of the road with its bonnet up  Undecided Cry, and an Alfa 155 (Wide Body in Met Red) like I use to own  Cheesy Grin Smiley.

Does anyone out of interest have any information on the Italian car market in Malaysia with particular reference to 131?s.

* IMG-20120129-00047.jpg (170.81 KB, 800x600 - viewed 513 times.)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 01:55:59 PM by Thotos » Logged

Rob 131: 2019 BMW 530d M Sport, 2019 Mini Cooper Clubman, 2015 Kawasaki ZX6R 636 Performance Edition & 2012 Alfa Romeo Mito 1.3JTDM

Formally Owned an Orange 1979 131 Mirafiori Sport in 90/91

UK
rallydiego

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 10:52:10 AM »

Hi Rob,

There's an italian car club in Malaysia. Check out this site. www.italiaauto.net
It's also a forumsite. I Found it by accident Wink

My name is Dirk. Cars: '81 Fiat 131 racing,'02 + '04 Multipla 1.9 JTD, '99 Barchetta, '19 Fiat Tipo SW, 2018 jeep Cherokee 2.2 jtd , '02 lancia Lybra 1.9 JTD, '06 Fiat Panda.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.