Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 29, 2024, 06:38:18 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Two weeks till 3ma12
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Two weeks till 3ma12  (Read 16196 times)
idahobrava

« on: April 24, 2012, 02:42:05 PM »

I wish all of you my best in preparations for 3ma12.  I only wish my car had wings so I could join all of you.  I hoping to hear of all the fun in the forum.  Maybe I can join you in 2014 for the 40th anniversary,  my car is being driven again in preparation for a Fiat gathering in the states.  I hope to post new photos soon to show the progress on my new/old Brava.  Its been a great ride.  Mike
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 03:18:31 PM »

Maybe 3MA14 could be in the States Mike!!!  Grin Are you volunteering?

We don't even have a plan for 3MA13 yet - I'm hoping someone suggests Normandy in France although I've been shot down on that one before!!  Wink

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 04:28:25 PM »

a plan for 3MA13 yet - I'm hoping someone suggests Normandy in France although I've been shot down on that one before!!  Wink

Hoping? someone?  You should know better than that by now Kevin! Stop hoping for someone and start volunteering!  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 04:37:59 PM »

I've no problem volunteering Normandy Theo.

Now who will volunteer to organise it...?  Grin Grin Grin

Kevin Doyle
Limerick, Ireland
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 04:52:19 PM »

You're not getting away with it that easy! You've volunteered so it's settled. Normandy for 3ma13 organised by Kevin. All we need now is the dates and I'll update the website....  Grin Grin

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2012, 05:52:29 PM »

Greeks are rightly famous for lots of things...but maybe not so much for their grasp of English!  Wink

Can you point out where I explicitly volunteered to organise 3MA13 Theo...or are you guilty of a little grasping interpretation...? Grin

Now - If 2013 is the year when we start the cycle again and have it in Ireland, count me in...! Smiley Then Torino again for the 40th anniversary in 2014.  Smiley

Kevin Doyle
Limerick, Ireland
Phil

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2012, 08:31:09 PM »

Kev, can I second your suggestion of having 3ma in Ireland Grin Grin

My 131 needs to see the Emerald Isles Cheesy Cheesy

Present cars 131 2.0 Ltr sports twin cam, in Gun Metal, in bits and a blue 2.0 Ltr supermirafiori.
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2012, 09:19:09 PM »

We've already done Ireland on the 3MA 'World Tour' Phil and besides, it's the sort of place we are likely to run a forum trip to without using the 3MA as a reason, perhaps for Durrow or something similar next year. There are lots more Countries to visit for the first time yet  Wink although I'm not at all keen on France (Normandy) myself.

What about Spain, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Belgium, Latvia, Poland, Finland, Norway, Austria, Macedonia, Sweden, Russia  Shocked, etc. Greece even - or why not go to Turkey to see Yagmur and all those Tofas 131s.  Cool

As an adventure I'd like to drive the Road of Bones (M56 Kolyma Highway) in a 131, through remote parts of the Russian Steppes and on to Mongolia like Charlie Boorman and Ewan McGregor have on motorcycles. Some 1,250 miles of mostly unpaved road, through wild country - what an adventure! Shocked Grin Cool

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
Heini131

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2012, 09:45:56 PM »

As an adventure I'd like to drive the Road of Bones (M56 Kolyma Highway) in a 131, through remote parts of the Russian Steppes and on to Mongolia like Charlie Boorman and Ewan McGregor have on motorcycles. Some 1,250 miles of mostly unpaved road, through wild country - what an adventure! Shocked Grin Cool

Wow, remember seeing The Long Way Round some time ago. That would really be a big adventure  Cool

And about Norway, I would like to see this country in summer, as I have been there several winters  Wink

Fiat 131 S 1.6 green, Fiat 131 Walter Röhrl orange,Fiat 131 mirafioriSport orange
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2012, 11:19:31 PM »

Macedonia, Sweden, Russia  Shocked, etc. Greece even

Macedonia IS in Greece  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Or did you mean the Former Yugoslav Republic of  Huh Grin
Here I go again stirring up trouble ......  Grin Grin Grin

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2012, 11:24:14 PM »

Greeks are rightly famous for lots of things...but maybe not so much for their grasp of English!  Wink

Yeah me English not too well  Grin

Can you point out where I explicitly volunteered to organise 3MA13 Theo...or are you guilty of a little grasping interpretation...? Grin

Guilty as charged! I never said "explicitly" but Normandy is not yours to volunteer Kevin so I took it that you volunteered yourself to organise  Grin

We certainly must go back to Ireland but as Simon said, there are many other events for which we can go to Ireland. My vote is for France or Belgium next year......

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2012, 07:40:31 AM »

Good that we're identifying the various views before the inevitable evening discussions over dinner.

My own humble view is that the biggest challenge is finding an organiser and that the location, while important, is secondary. The key appeal is getting together... somewhere... with the 131s.

Some of the exotic destinations sound very appealing but are we likely to get an organiser for something more complicated than our current model....?  Smiley

Kevin Doyle
Limerick, Ireland
Rob 131

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2012, 08:12:46 AM »

Having read the exchange of views and wishing to participate in 3MA 2013  Grin, most probably in my own 131  Wink Grin Cool, I would like to endorse Normandy.

Although I have passed through Normandy many times on my way south, I have never spent any more then 1 night there and would like to explore the place further. It would be convenient for those coming from Ireland and the UK, and not too far for those coming from Belgium, Holland and Germany. Apologies to those members form other countries where it is quite a distance.

As an alternative, could I suggest Brittany, where I have been many times, and it has many good driving roads and places of interest. Again accessible from Ireland and the UK with the excellent Brittany Ferries, but more of a problem for others.

Rob 131: 2019 BMW 530d M Sport, 2019 Mini Cooper Clubman, 2015 Kawasaki ZX6R 636 Performance Edition & 2012 Alfa Romeo Mito 1.3JTDM

Formally Owned an Orange 1979 131 Mirafiori Sport in 90/91

UK
Robert

Hasta la victoria siempre!

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2012, 12:56:30 PM »

Has anyone ever thought about Austria/Switzerland/Italy, the famous mountain roads like Passo di Stelvio, Passo di Gavia, Furka, Grimsel, Susten, Pordoi, Gotthard, Tremola and and and... This would really be a great outing with a 131 fleet  Smiley

Current motors: Fiat 131 Sport 2000TC "WR Replica" 1978, Fiat Dino 2400 BC 1972, Alfa Romeo GTV 2000 1974, Mercedes-Benz 560SEL 1987, Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 24V 1999, Volvo V70 T5 2000 ("VascoExpress")
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2012, 01:14:30 PM »

Does that mean you are volunteering to organise it Robert?  Wink Grin
Switzerland sounds good to me as I haven't been there and would like to  Wink Cheesy

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.