Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:17:43 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  3MA News and other events (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  runs?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: runs?  (Read 6989 times)
blue92

« on: November 20, 2007, 06:53:40 PM »

Over here in Texas my car club does what we call fun runs. We find some nice up down twisties out in no where and then put the pedal to the metal. The runs average about 200 miles. We all carry 2-way hand held radios and the leader calls out on coming traffic and such. On one run we did a 65 mile stretch in 34 mimutes. I was wondering if your runs are the same or are they more of a cruise?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 09:52:38 AM by blue92 » Logged

Donald French
former 1976 4 door 131 owner
now drive a 1992 Ford Taurus SHO
in comon, duel overhead cammed, 5 speed manual trans., 4 doors, get no respect from other car owners (well in the US any way).
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2007, 05:55:28 PM »

Hi Donald,

After more than 40 people viewing your initial posting I think that perhaps someone should take the bull by the horns and grace it with a response - and it looks like it's gonna be me! Grin

Our 'runs' are gentle, sedate drives, all well under the speed limit, driving within the car's and our own capabilities, and not drawing attention to ourselves. We wouldn't want to hurt our cars or the environment would we? And we certainly wouldn't want to endanger life!! We're enthusiasts!

Oh, incidentally I'm a 6'3" Tom Cruise look-a-like, with homes in Monaco and Barbados, a full head of hair and the body of Adonis, work out every day for two or three hours, go to church every Sunday, have never had a drink in my life and hate pies!!

'Nuff said.

Welcome to the forum! Wink

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
FIATCAN

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2007, 03:41:58 PM »

To funny Simon Cheesy

FIATCAN
blue92

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2007, 03:16:16 AM »

Hi Donald,

After more than 40 people viewing your initial posting I think that perhaps someone should take the bull by the horns and grace it with a response - and it looks like it's gonna be me! Grin

Our 'runs' are gentle, sedate drives, all well under the speed limit, driving within the car's and our own capabilities, and not drawing attention to ourselves. We wouldn't want to hurt our cars or the environment would we? And we certainly wouldn't want to endanger life!! We're enthusiasts!

Oh, incidentally I'm a 6'3" Tom Cruise look-a-like, with homes in Monaco and Barbados, a full head of hair and the body of Adonis, work out every day for two or three hours, go to church every Sunday, have never had a drink in my life and hate pies!!

'Nuff said.

Welcome to the forum! Wink

Kinda like this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWxy6LCEu1s  or
this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ui3Yliln50&feature=related

Grin  Cool

Donald French
in comon, duel overhead cammed, 5 speed manual trans., 4 doors, get no respect from other car owners (well in the US any way).
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2007, 07:14:43 AM »

Kinda!  Cheesy Grin Cheesy Wink Cool

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
Walezy

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2007, 03:44:32 PM »

What i often do is that in winter we close a piece of road with 2 cars so that nobody can go into the "stage" and then we try to go as fast as we can, drifting on snowy twisted narrow roads. It is a great fun and we have few places where it is quite safe(i mean no trees). The cars sometimes looks bad(broken fenders mostly) but also the speeds are quite high(often full 4th gear). This is how we make it here. The other thing is that i just sometimes start in a rallies and this is i think the best way to do it safe.
All the cars that we use for those "runs" have roll cages and are fully approved for motorsport(FIA homologated safety harness) to minimise the risk of injury.

Tristan

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2007, 11:13:23 PM »

We do it too  , an odd time , but we use a section of road up a mountain not far away , no houses for miles . If you bend your car , tough luck .
blue92

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2007, 08:06:56 PM »

Here's a snippet of my car clubs last fun run from last April out of Austin, Texas. Sorry there's no 131s in the clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98BhbqZJgOY

Donald French
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2007, 08:28:33 PM »

Nice steady footage blue92 - How have you mounted the camera?

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
blue92

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2007, 10:18:14 PM »

Nice steady footage blue92 - How have you mounted the camera?

I didn't do the filming but I do know how he had the camera mounted I also have the same camera mount for my car it attaches to the 2 headrest posts on the passenger side seat.

Donald French
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.