Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:45:31 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Timed on #1 or #4 cyl?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Timed on #1 or #4 cyl?  (Read 46921 times)
keith m 131

« Reply #90 on: December 22, 2012, 06:16:43 PM »

The spring is so strong even with it in my hands I can only pull it apart approx 1/4", maybe I could have installed the wrong spring because this strength seems excessive for the job it is doing. Ihad lots of parts in storage so it is possible that springs got mixed up, I cant be sure.

I probably wont need a pedal spring because I think the additional nut that I fitted to the bulkhead adjustor is holding the pedal so high, so it should not be a problem setting the clutch up now.

Thanks again Theo for taking the time to stick with me on this, it has been a long process, but heh got there in the end.

When I get a chance to look at the clutch again ( probably not till after Xmas) I will keep you updated with how the car runs. Even if the clutch doesnt solve the problem of the speed issue at least I have discovered why I was feeling vibrations through the floor etc. because even at idle tha actuator arm was vibrating quite a bit. I was thinking that the engine mounts were the culprits, plus I wont be wearing out my clutch.

Happy Christmas to the forum and especially everyone who took part in this thread.

Regards

Keith
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #91 on: December 22, 2012, 09:36:37 PM »

I'm glad we got there in the end, although we won't know if we got there until you drive the car. You might as well remove the extra nut at the bulkhead so you'll be able to adjust the clutch pedal height to be the same as the brake pedal  Cheesy

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.