Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:55:37 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Tale of two Sports
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tale of two Sports  (Read 38431 times)
irisheyes

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2013, 11:10:17 PM »

Rich,

Thanks for the answer! If you like take a cheap flight to Amsterdam and we organise a few great Racing days Wink
Great you also told that there were gunmetal cars with green bumpers around. You saw pictures of my car?
Do you also remember gunmetal cars with orange bumpers?

Greetings from Holland,

Albert

jeez Albert, you don't know what you're letting yourself in for with that offer.
I'd love to at some stage but we'll have to see.

I did see some pictures but really only finding my way around the site. If you want to send me a link that'd be handy as well.

I found a thread where Kev131 posted a find of a silver/blue 131 somewhere in a field in Ireland here:

http://www.131mirafiori.com/smf/index.php?topic=699.0

I nearly cried and wondered if it was 227AZO for a minute. They look like 132 wheels. I don't ever remember a sport with those wheels. On the supers yet, but not the sports.

I don't ever remember seeing an orange bumpered car. And gun grey was ralatively rare as well.

I'll go looking for your car now.

Regards,

Rich  Smiley
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 11:26:16 PM by irisheyes » Logged
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2013, 11:20:27 PM »

I'll go looking for your car now.

Here it is  Wink

Have a look at the 3ma11 gallery on the main website and you'll find a few photos of Albert's lovely green bumpered car.

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
irisheyes

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2013, 11:29:09 PM »

Here it is  Wink

Great stuff. You're a gent. Thanks.
Oh, and that's a mega machine you have there yourself. Tell me, the wheels on your car - I don't think they'te standard sport are they?
Only wheels I ever noticed at the time where the alloys as on my 227AZO.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 12:41:36 PM by irisheyes » Logged
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2013, 11:45:39 PM »

Tell me, the wheels on your car - I don't think they'te standard sport are they?
Only wheels I ever noticed at the time where the alloys as on my 227AZO.

Ah, which wheels do you mean? The steel wheels as seen on Albert's car above, called Quatrofoglios (or something like that meaning four-leaf clover) were the standard 131 Sport wheels and also standard on the Supermirafiori as you mentioned. Standard size was 13 inch for all models with a 14 inch option on the 131 Sport. As far as I know all 131 Sports in the UK were supplied with 14 inch wheels and usually they were a dark grey colour. I believe in Ireland there was an option of 13 inch "iron cross" alloys and most Sports were supplied with those wheels. On my car I now have Cromodora CD51 magnesium wheels (usually fitted to early Beta Berlinas) much to the horror and disapproval of some of the members here  Grin Grin

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
bellamacchina

bellamacchina

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2013, 11:40:17 AM »

Rich,

Enjoy looking around at the forum.
When you go to the showroom section you can find a lot of excellent cars. When you search there for bellamacchina you can find my cars.....
And of course otherwise we will be helpfull.
Another possibility: http://www.123website.nl/classicmoviecars/49495739

ENJOY! And I know what I am doing offering to you Wink

bellamacchina  Albert

Dronten  Flevoland the Netherlands
Rob 131

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2013, 01:17:23 PM »

Albert

You have some wonderful cars. My favourite being your Silver (with that standard wonderful blue interior) S2 1600cc Supermirafiori.

Where is your Orange Racing in the collection, I didn't see it listed.

Rob 131: 2019 BMW 530d M Sport, 2019 Mini Cooper Clubman, 2015 Kawasaki ZX6R 636 Performance Edition & 2012 Alfa Romeo Mito 1.3JTDM

Formally Owned an Orange 1979 131 Mirafiori Sport in 90/91

UK
irisheyes

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2013, 01:19:12 PM »

Ah, which wheels do you mean? The steel wheels as seen on Albert's car above, called Quatrofoglios (or something like that meaning four-leaf clover) were the standard 131 Sport wheels and also standard on the Supermirafiori as you mentioned. Standard size was 13 inch for all models with a 14 inch option on the 131 Sport. As far as I know all 131 Sports in the UK were supplied with 14 inch wheels and usually they were a dark grey colour. I believe in Ireland there was an option of 13 inch "iron cross" alloys and most Sports were supplied with those wheels. On my car I now have Cromodora CD51 magnesium wheels (usually fitted to early Beta Berlinas) much to the horror and disapproval of some of the members here  Grin Grin

Wow. A mine of information  Roll Eyes. The Irish brochure pictures showed the dark grey 14" wheels (christ aren't they small by todays standards) and the back page specs indicate 5.5"J x 13" H1 pressed steel but a sub-note for the Irish market had light alloys as standard. I wonder why we were so special to get 'Alloy' wheels. Huh  You were spot on  Cool
irisheyes

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2013, 01:22:03 PM »

Super stuff  Tongue. And no pun intended.  Roll Eyes
bellamacchina

bellamacchina

« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2013, 01:39:42 PM »

Racings had fitted standard 13 inch OR 14 inch, difference between countries, Germany 14 inch, Holland 13 inch, optional 14 inch. They were dark grey standard. Under the green bumpered Racing I fitted NOS Supermirafiori wheels, under my silver Sport are repainted wheels, under the orange car dark ones.

Rob, you mean this one? http://www.123website.nl/classicmoviecars/49495752
I know you love the Super, maybe I come and will take it to Miesbach, or I take the silver Racing Smiley

bellamacchina  Albert

Sev131

« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2013, 08:23:41 PM »

Albert, that is one hell of a collection. Your Fiat 1500 is stunning, it's the best one i have ever seen. I can now understand why my grandad had 2 of them  Wink
bellamacchina

bellamacchina

« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2013, 09:42:21 PM »

And " il professore" is real fun to drive. We name her this way because it looks like the chrome is as an eyebrow over the headlights Wink

* 131 racing bij Dick en Fiat 1500 020.JPG (164.35 KB, 640x480 - viewed 1204 times.)

* 131 racing bij Dick en Fiat 1500 027.JPG (149.46 KB, 640x480 - viewed 1261 times.)

bellamacchina  Albert

irisheyes

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2013, 05:18:17 PM »

And " il professore" is real fun to drive. We name her this way because it looks like the chrome is as an eyebrow over the headlights Wink

They don't make cars like thry used to. With those eyebrows it could have been a character in the (dare I say KIDS) film 'Cars'.

While looking at your sport with the green bumbers, I don't recollect them being that bright, almost luminescence.
Or maybe my poor old brain cells are loosing their lustre.

I'm assuming  they are just standard plastic type bumbers and can be painted without fear of the paint going blotchy or peeling off at a later stage?
bellamacchina

bellamacchina

« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2013, 01:55:23 PM »

Rich,

Original they could be more matt, thats true. I have an original orange set and the brochure. Combined that made us decide to do the green with a minimal gloss. Probably original was less shiny. And another answer to your question, when you use a good primer you can paint the bumpers no problem.

bellamacchina  Albert

irisheyes

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2013, 05:40:08 PM »

Rich I have a copy of an Irish magazine article on the sister of your first Sport namely 157 YZI. I'll post it up soon as it complements this article. It was grey with light grey bumpers.... Smiley

Hi Kevin,  did you dig out that article yet? My eyes glued to the thread in hot anticipation  Grin
irisheyes

« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2013, 10:06:54 PM »

Just came across this. This is like the 127 nicked at the same time as my first 131 Sport.
Almost tempted but ?5K I think in fairly strong money. Or is it?
And the almost upright steering wheel and potentially saggy seat.

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C397282

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.