Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 04:52:51 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  We seek them here, we seek them there, we seek them everywhere (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Where are these now...?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Where are these now...?  (Read 6038 times)
kev131
Founding Member

« on: December 16, 2007, 09:33:16 PM »

This shot was taken at an Italian car day at Brooklands (not by me) but by a complete 131 Sport addict (does anyone know the cure for this condition...?) Grin.

The black one is one of Si's old cars and he has told us before what happened to it - Wife driving, Austin Maestro, crunch... etc.? ?I'll stop there before the memory gets too painful.... This car also appeared in a fab magazine article on the 131 Sport as a classic car.

The grey car I later saw in Ilfracombe (maybe 1993?),? again owned by an enthusiast but the car was in pretty bad shape and at that stage most of the panels were different colours - I have a photo somewhere that illustrates the cannabilisation that went on to keep it on the road. From the driving stories the owner relayed about 100mph sorties the mechanics must have been pretty OK!!? Wink

I dont know what happened to the orange car. I saw that at the same time as the grey car and it was in pretty good condition. The owner also had one of the worst condition but still roadworthy Sports that I have ever seen that he used for fun on the local off roads.  Grin

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2007, 12:07:08 AM »

I promised an update on KUY 813X.

As can be seen the bonnet is now yellow, the passenger door green and the front NS wing is dark blue.

On the driver's side the wheels were the Irish spec Cromadoras - A real hotch potch of parts to try to keep the car on the road.

Kevin Doyle
Limerick, Ireland
f1lmm

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2007, 12:24:22 AM »

hi kev,thanks for the christmas greetings,but can i say,you are an absolute legend Wink at the 131's,i went on you tube,,and are all 131's in  ireland??,and i think you are the life and soul of this forum,and very helpful,and wish you a very merry xmas from Lee McMurchie and family,,cheers Grin
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2007, 12:38:02 AM »

Aah - Lee - Thanks very much - It's always nice to get a little bit of encouragement but the success of the forum is down to everyone who contributes, especially Theo who does a lot of background work in maintaining the site.

I'm delighted that you have joined the community, especially so if you are successful in winning and restoring that orange Sport.

How is your bidding coming along? Are you bidder 4 by any chance?

10 hours to go and the price is at ?970.00!? Wink

One word of warning though - I was having a little chat with Brensports earlier today and we both agreed that this fascination with 131s was a "sickness" (although less serious than alcoholism, etc). We both (along with Albert in Holland) want a Sport in each of the 4 factory colours!!! Dont for a minute think that once you have finished your orange Project that you will be content with that!!!!? Grin Grin Grin Cool
« Last Edit: December 25, 2007, 01:19:12 PM by kev131 » Logged

Kevin Doyle
Limerick, Ireland
f1lmm

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2007, 01:30:48 PM »

I NEVER WON IT KEV,I WAS OUT,BUT I BIDDED TO ?830,WHICH I THOUGHT WAS ENOUGH FOR ME AS IT WOULD 350 TO COLLECT,FUEL,AND TRAILER,SO 1180 BEFORE GETTING STARTED Sad,BUT I WOULD'VE LOOKED AFTER,,BUT HEY,I'M STILL LOOKING AND WILL GET ONE SHORTLY,CHEERS AGAIN
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.