Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:02:47 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  We seek them here, we seek them there, we seek them everywhere (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  VLL 936X - Where is it now...?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: VLL 936X - Where is it now...?  (Read 6285 times)
kev131
Founding Member

« on: December 25, 2007, 01:04:34 AM »

I usually find it difficult to dislike any 131 version, even those that have been modified to the owner's individual taste but this particular car did put me off a little bit when I saw it.

I was on a search for my first 131 Sport and was following up some leads in London? - It was the early 90's and there were typically 3 to 4 Sports for sale in each issue of the "Loot".

This one lived near Holloway prison and although I had the address of the owner I spied the car in the street beforehand. Despite the owner's mother's enthusiastic description of a "Full cream leather interior" I sort of knew beforehand that the car was going to be a let down. And so it proved with the missing side ruibbing strips, lowered suspension and a very unpleasant shade of green. See what you think.... Huh Roll Eyes Look at the colour of the wheels!!

« Last Edit: December 25, 2007, 01:07:40 AM by kev131 » Logged

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2007, 12:03:14 PM »

Now that looks like the type of car I would buy! I like the look of the interior, it looks like leather Recaros in the front and matching rear seats! Oh for the days when two or three were advertised in the loot! I'm sure there were plenty of four doors, 132s and Argentas for sale too! I bet they were not fetching over ?1000 for restoration projects either!

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
Gremlino

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 11:09:03 PM »

That 'Pimp My Ride' cast off used to be a regular at the Chelsea Cruise in the mid 90's.
It was considered a bit too Julien Clary by the other 'Cruisers' and they used to heckle the driver..........oh such mature behaviour  Roll Eyes

Signature has gone Kaput!
Randeep

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2016, 11:00:12 AM »

Just found this old Pic I thought I would share - not sure where this was taken or is currently....

* IMG_2818.JPG (84.53 KB, 720x540 - viewed 846 times.)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.