Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:05:16 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  We seek them here, we seek them there, we seek them everywhere (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  ERC 143T - Where is it now..?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ERC 143T - Where is it now..?  (Read 5606 times)
kev131
Founding Member

« on: December 26, 2007, 12:42:02 PM »

Another one from the archives. I understand that this was imported to the UK from Hong Kong in 1979.

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
Sev131

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2007, 02:01:41 PM »

This car should of been mine if my old man had listen to me!! (may have been showroom cond now)!!

I use to see this car parked along the A6 near junction 24 of the M1 near Kegworth on our visit to the Midlands. There use to be a B road where my Dad use to play around with Xr3i's and Xr2's even a few Mk1 golf gti's and never lose on appraching this Sport!  I still remember as a front seat passenger in my Dad's series 3 super shouting "look dad a orange Sport" It always seemed to be parked in the same spot.

I think around 1994/5 my dad got a call from a chap called Bob Matthew's from the Fiat motor Club who was the East midlands organiser. He knew of a chap selling a genuine 60k untouched tax and m.o.t'd sport in orange but would only sell to a enthuisast. Without me knowing, a deal was done for ?250 with my uncle Ken. My Dad wasn't that interested in it as we already had BGP 755X a 3x supers.

This car was amazing- bought over from Hong kong around 1988, air-con system fitted but, pump removed- still have the centre console with the dials! Service history by JCS Fiat dealers, Back axle work done recently and mint interior. No rust on the roof, front scuttles, front panel, inner sills, floors. It only required skin sills, arches, doors were scabby but, repairable and front wings were scabby.

The work was done on the car. A doner sport was used for twin 40's, 124cc ruspa wheels which I still have, full Janspeed exhaust system, all new front steering/suspension components, carb tune up by John Noble of Mansfield I- think and a full respray along with other bits and bobs.
It was great to drive, a fat road car and I have vast memories of going in convoy with my Black Sport which also had the same set up to weddings, shows and the Pub!

After Ken and aunty Alison covered a hard 40k in two years and another 10k the next 2, it completely destroyed this beauty. The welding work previously carried out was not the best as all the rust was not removed. The front inner wings detached and it required full restoration. It was given to me and I stupidly stripped it and sold some spares, kept the engine, box, carbs and trim and scraped the shell. The roof was still the best I'd seen with not a spec on it and scuttle panel was the same. This car would of made an excellent project but it's to late!!
markwilliams131

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 07:02:16 PM »

hi steve do you still have the janspeed

131 sport x 4  lancia beta volumex coupe rover sd1 vitesse mini 1275gt
mk2 golf gti  1.9 205 gti   opel omega mv6     alfa 156
Sev131

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 11:51:48 PM »

Hi Mark,

I sold the janspeed system from this car, but kept the manifold. I've got a brand new manifold and system unused but am keeping that for the 1600tc project. I'll check to see what I have spare.

Cheers Bob Sev
markwilliams131

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2008, 10:29:17 PM »

thanks anyway steve
but if ya change yoyr mind let me no or ya here of another
phone number is 00353862358241 thanks again

131 sport x 4  lancia beta volumex coupe rover sd1 vitesse mini 1275gt
mk2 golf gti  1.9 205 gti   opel omega mv6     alfa 156
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.