Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:28:24 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  We seek them here, we seek them there, we seek them everywhere (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  OEG 658X - Where is it now...?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: OEG 658X - Where is it now...?  (Read 18612 times)
kev131
Founding Member

« on: December 26, 2007, 01:10:24 PM »

This is one of my favourite 131 Sports of all time.

I love black and this one has a really thick coat of paint and is gleaming - The arches have been blended in well and the whole effect makes the car look like it's speeding while standing still.? The roof spoiler and larger wheels complete the look although the R Grant spoiler on the boot does detract!!? Wink

So where is it now - Well I cant answer that but I understand that the car came to a sticky end - Apparently there might have been a quickly driven Capri 2.8i and a stone wall somewhere in the story...! Undecided Undecided Undecided

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
tjs1

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 09:45:26 PM »

More info on OEG658X
I use to work for a Fiat dealer in Cambridge and i purchced this car as
a trade in in 1989 (still have the rcpt) It was in gun metal grey and in
a very sorry state
After a complete re build including new doors-wheel arches and a lot
of paint (Orange) the car was back to a good condition
I owned the car for a further 2 years when it was sold to a friend who
also worked for the Fiat dealer, my next car was a Croma Turbo
The last i was told about the car was that is was seen on a back of a
trailer on the A14 with a front end shunt, as your photo
As to where it is now i dont know-but would like to
Photos included

* orange 131.jpg (341.05 KB, 1313x682 - viewed 1960 times.)
tjs1

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 09:54:02 PM »

Another Photo

* orange 3.jpg (327.59 KB, 1250x714 - viewed 1891 times.)
gerafiori
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008, 08:04:31 AM »

be great to hear the black car is still out there looking
as good as in the pictures, if anyone is trying to decide to stay
 standard or put a kit on, black car looks superb, 
jasonh131

BILLERICAY ESSEX UK

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2013, 05:28:41 PM »

loved that sport , had a LSD saw it at brooklands in its day just before he smashed it up  Undecided

On my 6 th 131 now Goldy
tel595

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2015, 10:02:50 AM »

Hi all you 131 enthusiasts. I have to confess this was my little baby.! Took me 3 years to build and although I did use it a bit it's life was cut short by the dreaded 'red mist'!
I have loads of old build photos which I'll compile an album of and post sometime soon.
I've literally just joined the forum and actively looking for another 131 to bring back to life. I'm currently driving an integrale and love it but really miss rwd.. Cars on this forum are inspiring so I'll keep looking.. Wink

Terry Edwards
Lancia integrale Evo
Lancia Delta HF Turbo Martini
TVR S3c
Austin A30
Fiat 131 Sport.... soon!!
mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2015, 11:40:05 AM »

According to the DVLA last taxed in 1993. Still orange according to the DVLA Wink

Sad end for a lovely looking car.

There's currently a 2 door 131 on eBay. Needs some work by the sound of it but if you want one......

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
tel595

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2015, 01:51:08 PM »

Ha. Yep, was definitely last on the road in '94 so taxed in '93 I presume. I'm sure I changed the log book to black though but it was long before the internet so they might have got it muddled up. I've seen the Abarth rep for sale and I'm semi interested in it, died need a strip and rebuild though. I do miss that car more than any others I've owned, possibly coz it was a rare sight back then but it they're like hens teeth now..! I'll certainly be enjoying one again soon..!

Terry Edwards
Lancia integrale Evo
TVR S3c
Austin A30
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2015, 06:51:22 PM »

Welcome to the forum matey.

Nice to link up with an old owner and one of the cars in this section. Were they your photos by the way?

Kevin Doyle
Limerick, Ireland
tel595

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2015, 10:08:07 PM »

I have no idea where the photos would have come..  I can remember taking many pics during the rebuild and its few journeys around the UK and Europe (managed to get to LeMans in 1993) but don't remember giving any out...  A mystery but a really pleasant surprise to see the old gal on this forum..!
Alas, the 131 I was following on eBay sold today, so someone will be having a bit of work on their hands.  I'll keep looking and something will surface I'm sure.

Terry Edwards
Lancia integrale Evo
TVR S3c
Austin A30
mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2015, 10:24:37 PM »

EBay says it finished unsold unless someone has bought it off eBay. Keep an eye out it's been listed several times.

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
hicky131

The future's bright - The future's orange

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2015, 05:59:16 PM »

I have no idea where the photos would have come.. 

The photos came from me when I bought the last remaining parts you had left off the car. Smiley

I met you at Brooklands one year when I had my first sport (Silver) - NAE 281Y, and you gave me the pics of the car. I must've uploaded them onto the net and Kev's saved them, no doubt he saves every 131 pic he sees on the net lol. Grin

Many Parts of the car live on, on my old orange sport that Steve Parrish owns or owned? - SMW 262Y,such as the momo steering wheel, stainless steel speedo/clock surround and special machined gear and handbrake levers.I fitted the genuine Walter Rhorl roof spoiler to the car too. Smiley

Cheers for now,
Wayne. Smiley

Wayne Hickman,
Huddersfield,West Yorkshire, UK
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2015, 07:13:07 PM »

Ha ha ..not quite Wayne but it was you who gave me the hard copies to copy and return. I wasn't sure who originally took them though! 😊

Kevin Doyle
Limerick, Ireland
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.