Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:01:24 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  The Garage (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  131 mirrors and trim question
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 131 mirrors and trim question  (Read 3078 times)
ismith007

« on: June 17, 2013, 02:54:43 PM »

My first post! Live in brisbane australia, recently imported a gunmetal grey v oroginal 131r from nz to oz to restore. This is my 2 nd 131 R the first i owned in nz for some years, orange and black. I fitted a volumex complete engine, made a fantastic sound, not massive hp gains but quite torquey,  a car i should never have sold but thats easy in hindsight.
Two questions
 Need wing mirrors, are these correct or can any one give me the correct part number please http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/California-Vitaloni-Mirror-Black-Right-Hand-65mm-Hole-Spacing-/370714295989?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item56504b3eb5&_uhb=1

2. The finish on the bumpers and guard extensions, i always thought they were a matt finish, ie matt black in my case however have seen a few restorations posted on here that have a high gloss finish to teh bumpers and guards.. Which is correct? Did they leave the factory with the flat matt look or the high gloss, i really dont like the high gloss but thats just my pref.
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 04:12:54 PM »

Welcome to the website matey.

The sport arches, spoiler and bumpers should not be gloss to achieve a factory look finish (certainly for the black versions anyway). They are more of a matt finish although that's more difficult to keep clean than gloss. It's a very personal choice.

Demon Tweaks supply a good version of this mirror that I've been happy with.

Keep us updated with progress and I'd love to see some "before" pics!  Smiley

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
ismith007

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 02:04:57 PM »

Thanks Kev, i about to order some same os those on d tweeks.
Re the bumpers, have read in Markoh build thread about his bumper restoration plus a comment byThotos re using 2000 grit paper and wd40 to polish the bumpers clean. Sounds like a painful solution but may be best rather than re coating. My current bumpers have half a can of white paint spilled on them by some prev owner, thick stuff so theres a lot of cleaning coming.
 Will post up some pics when home in about a week.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.