Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:59:41 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  We seek them here, we seek them there, we seek them everywhere (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  A Silver and Blue 131 Sport
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Silver and Blue 131 Sport  (Read 36505 times)
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2009, 09:54:18 PM »

Hi Kevin sorry but you are wrong here on this one, i know what colours came with what cars & i have the documents & microfiche to prove, where did you get your info from?

Hi Nick - What am I wrong about? The rarity of the silver/blue combos in relation to the more common grey/silver/orange with black trim cars....or the data lifted from an Official Fiat 131 Sport/Racing colour chart (Gamma colori/Gamme de coleurs/Farbpalette) dated 07/79?? Smiley

I'm more than happy to see information that might challenge this belief but what "documents" are you referring to that will do that - Can you explain?

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
sid131

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2009, 02:43:49 AM »

Kevin there were lots of the silver/blue combo up very common they were not rare & they had blue belts & towels the rarer one imo was the silver grey & red  seats.
hammerbeirne

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2009, 02:52:44 AM »

Hello mark any interior parts in silver one or are you restoring it
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2009, 03:42:45 AM »

Kevin there were lots of the silver/blue combo up very common they were not rare & they had blue belts & towels the rarer one imo was the silver grey & red? seats.

Ah now I see - It's just a difference of personal opinion on rarity..?? Huh and your opinion is based on the fact that there were lots of the silver/blue combos up....up where..? In Louth..? Is this conclusive evidence..? And I never said that it was the rarest combo - Just rare (which is a relative term) - Certainly I agree that a silver body with a red interior is rare. Not sure I would agree that a grey body with a red interior is as rare.

Looks like we are in agreement on the consistency of the colours across bumpers/coachline/belts and towels according to the Fiat colour charts then so I'm puzzled by the mention of micro fiche/documents...? Huh Are you saying that you have a document that states all of the colour combinations rather than the discipline of colour consistency that I am referring to?

One would have thought that the Fiat colour chart would state all of the available options but there is no listing of the Orange/Green bumpered models which appear in the Irish Sport brochure dated 11/1978. Perhaps this is because of another theory that I have heard...that these bumper colours were only available ex Europe.

Why don't you bring your reference documentation to Terenure/Killarney and we can compare details there...! Wink Anything that evolves my knowledge on this subject is very interesting to me.

Kevin Doyle
Limerick, Ireland
sid131

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2009, 08:16:17 AM »

Not Louth Kevin but the north also, the harder colour to see was the orange & now there are plenty that colour
well we are agreeing on the coach line colour trim options but on the microfiche it gives different part numbers for all the different colour trim & belt options so am i right in thinking that you could in theory have any colour you wanted when buying the car new?
as for the silver/grey 628 with the orange bumpers there was one regular visitor in Dundalk back in the days, they were Italians that had family who owned chip shops in town & another with the 620/ blue trim both cars, were Dublin regd, there was also a black 131 with black trim, all these cars were new or nearly new at the time & i have broken a grey /grey & grey/black & grey/orange only it has onange outer trim only seats were red???
thats why i think many of the Italians that bought their 131 sports/racings new could pick their trim colours,
as for taking the fiche with me we need a reader to view it, large tv type thing, any more info appreciated, pick their brains in Italy Kevin but hopefully they are not like the dealers young & dont know what a 131 is, i hope you get older person with lots of info on the 131 sport/racing, that is the only Fiat i am interested in (the 131 sport disease Kevin).
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2009, 08:46:01 AM »

well we are agreeing on the coach line colour trim options but on the microfiche it gives different part numbers for all the different colour trim & belt options so am i right in thinking that you could in theory have any colour you wanted when buying the car new?

My view is that these were set at the factory and that no buyer choice was available such as having black bumpers with blue belts and grey towels. The only cosmetic choices were colour packages pre-determined by Fiat.

I have no documentation to say that this is true or untrue, simply what is likely to have been the case, in my opinion.

The availability of different part numbers simply means that one could buy replacements if needed in the required colour for your car...? Or have I mis-understood you? Maybe you are saying that there is a part number (per colour) for a whole package comprised of seatbelts, towels and bumpers/arches/coachline...?

Back in those days the range of options were far more limited when compared with today's bewildering array of choices. I read recently that the number of variations in the mini range had 17 digits in it.? Shocked

Back to the Sport/Racing I'd love to have been a fly on the wall when the designer(s) was being given his brief, or what his proposals to management were. The colour availability/combinations has always stood out to me as being very different from what Fiat were offering in the rest of the range (incl the 127 Sport launched at the same time) and also in comparison with the market in general. Maybe what we are debating is the outcome of a vino soaked Torineese party where at 2.0am the original decisions all got dropped on the floor and got mixed up and the culprit was too embarassed to go back and check if he had put it all back together correctly - Hence cars with blue/green and orange bumpers!!? Cheesy Grin

Your theory of a colour swatch of choices is not something I'd considered before - Hmmm - If it was true I wonder what my first choice would be...?

The 131 Sport disease..? What's that..? Grin
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 09:00:39 AM by kev131 » Logged

Kevin Doyle
Limerick, Ireland
markwilliams131

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2009, 09:39:22 PM »

sid the car in the picture is dublin reg car also has blue front and rear seat belts
its the only irish blue and silver sport i ever seen but brensports mate also had 1
my opinion is that you could order blue bumpers on your car as it would be a big
coincidence that they would be loads of silver a blue sports running round dublin and the north
that people just decided 2 paint well thats my opinion
hammer i will be using the interior in another sport sorry

131 sport x 4  lancia beta volumex coupe rover sd1 vitesse mini 1275gt
mk2 golf gti  1.9 205 gti   opel omega mv6     alfa 156
hammerbeirne

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2009, 11:14:15 PM »

Hello Mark whats the interior like in the other sport?
markwilliams131

« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2009, 08:57:48 AM »

hello hammer the interior from the other sport is in my black sport

i could do with another set of black interior myself

hammerbeirne

« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2009, 11:36:46 PM »

OK mark happy hunting
bellamacchina

bellamacchina

« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2009, 09:05:30 PM »

A silver body with red interior was not on offer so, yes indeed it is rare.

Of course it is easy to combine yourself if you had the parts. The silver blue combo was not as common as described here, I am pretty sure about that, but of course, when you saw such a great car with strange coloured bumpers it would cover your eyes for ever Grin

* DSC05414.JPG (145.59 KB, 640x480 - viewed 866 times.)

* DSC05415.JPG (136.65 KB, 640x480 - viewed 916 times.)

bellamacchina  Albert

Dronten  Flevoland the Netherlands
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2009, 07:31:49 AM »

A silver body with red interior was not on offer so, yes indeed it is rare.

I probably agree with you on that one Albert but can I ask how do you know? Have you seen it documented anywhere ....in the same way that it is unlikely that orange body with green bumpers probably was not available either.

Actually for a bit of fun why don't you fit your green bumpers to your orange car when it is finished...? Then see how many heads turn as you drive by!!! Grin

Kevin Doyle
Limerick, Ireland
hammerbeirne

« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2009, 12:09:56 PM »

Hello mark did you start work on the blue and silver sport?
markwilliams131

« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2009, 08:40:56 PM »

hellow hammer no the blue and silver sport is 2 far gone 2 restore
it is a parts car only have started on an orange sport all welding is done
bout a wks work in getting it ready for paint

gay131lover
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2009, 10:03:50 PM »

JUST THINKING OUT LOUD IF YOU WERE COLOUR BLIND WOULDN,T MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE OR IS THAT DOCUMENTATED AS WELL Grin Grin Grin Grin
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.