Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:33:29 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  3MA News and other events (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  NEC Classic Motor Show 14-16 November 2014
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: NEC Classic Motor Show 14-16 November 2014  (Read 15362 times)
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2014, 01:30:50 AM »

We now have stand details for the NEC  Cheesy

Hall   8
Stand number   8-205
Width:   10.5m
Depth:   6.5m
Area:   68.25sqm
Pillar/ irregular stand shape?   no

Our stand will be next to the X1/9 Owners Club and the Fiat Motor Club and very close to the Lancia Motor Club abd the Lancia Beta Forum (see below).

Now I'm fairly sure that we can get five 131s in an area 10.5m by 6.5m. So we are going with:

Series 1: 131S - Simon
Series 2: Mirafiori Sport - Kevin
Series 3: Supermirafiori 2000 - Phil
Specials:
131 Supermirafiori Abarth Volumetrico - Bobby
131 Abarth Rally Replica - Andy

The cars need to be on the stand on Thursday 13th November and cannot be removed until after the show ends on Sunday 16th November.

The show 'theme' this year is "Big Screen". Here's what the organisers have to say:

SHOW THEME:  THE BIG SCREEN
?The Big Screen? evokes images of escapism, splendour and glamour and we hope will provide clubs with the perfect platform to bring out the ?star quality? in every car.  As well as iconic TV and movie star cars, including scene stealers from TV motoring shows, we encourage clubs to think much broader with this year?s Show Theme.

You could think about famous posters or adverts which launched cars which appeared on huge billboards or with ?big screen? campaigns.  You could perhaps recreate a famous film poster on your club stand, or maybe give over the entire stand to a TV show or advert that featured a chosen car ? there?s scope to really get creative.  With a plethora of War films, we trust that The Big Screen can encompass the commemoration of conflict that some clubs are planning.

The theme is also open to other interpretations, perhaps displaying a car that boasts a ?big screen? price or even just cars with an extra-large windscreens!  Whatever your Big Screen theme may be, all ideas are welcome.

So my ideas for this are:

1. Print some large poster-size versions of Robert's "Lingotto Job" (with Robert's permission of course) and use them as film "adverts"  Grin

2. Get a video selection of old adverts, rally sequences and other videos with the 131 and have them loop-playing on a largish screen or projector. Of course for this we'll need a largish TV or projector so if anyone has anything suitable, please let me know.

3. I'd like to find an original large poster of the 131 in a cage. It was a very successful marketing campaign and people still remember the "Wolf in sheep's clothing" slogan. I'll contact Fiat and see if they have any but my success rate with Fiat is not good  Embarrassed

There's a lot to do yet with sorting out the stand, finding a place for the exhibitors to stay etc.

There will be a discount code available for all members of this forum and details will be posted soon.

* HALL 8.jpg (224.91 KB, 800x426 - viewed 629 times.)

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2014, 05:17:02 AM »

Good update Theo..and ideas. And next to the toilets too!  Grin

Good to see that we're in a little Italian corner.

I have a DVD of 70s rallying which features the 131 quite a bit, although there are  other cars in there too. That could do if we can't find anything dedicated exclusively to the 131. I can also bring a DVD player and a small TV if no one has a large one that they want to bring. Is electricity included in the fee?

I also have some old broadsheet adverts of the 131 saved away somewhere, plus some fold out posters from Fiat. Will we have a wall to display on I wonder?

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2014, 11:59:54 PM »

Thanks for the offer to bring a DVD and TV Kevin but I'm hoping we'll manage something a bit closer without the need to bring such things from Ireland. I was thinking of running these things on a laptop and I have spare computer screens but nothing too big. I don't even know if we'll have power on the stand but I do have an inverter that will run a laptop and screen for a long time off a car battery  Wink  We'll also need a table of sorts (preferably folding) which I don't have but can just buy a cheap wallpapering table or something. I have several folding chairs I could take.

Your Fiat posters and adverts would be very welcome  Cheesy  We certainly won't have a wall unless we provide one as our stand is not against a wall. So we'll need to sort something out to mark the stand's boundaries and to mount things on. I still like the idea of white fencing that can be painted red and green to look like the Italian flag. These free standing panels are designed for events so might be acceptable to the health and safety guys http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Freestanding-3ft-Picket-Fence-panel-Round-Top-white-event-fencing-/321463842186. It can work out expensive though...

I think the first thing we need to sort out is a place for us to stay. The Travelodge near the airport (just over a mile from the NEC - http://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels/519/Birmingham-Airport-hotel) has availability and only ?34 per night on their non-refundable saver rate. I'll email everyone concerned and try to sort something out soon.

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
finnie

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2014, 01:26:39 PM »

What about having my old banger  Wink and then people can compare with yours and see what you can make out of a 131 Grin Grin Grin
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2014, 02:08:14 PM »

Whatever about fitting in another 131... come along and say hello Finnie

It should be a good opportunity to meet up and chat with forum members.... Smiley

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
131NZ

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2014, 05:57:09 PM »

Well I am certainly coming along and looking forward to meeting everyone! Grin

Sid, will you be crossing the water for the event?

I,m Paul and I,m an expat Scot living in N.Z.? A? former owner of SFS 639V.
sid131

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2014, 07:03:10 PM »

I havnt been to that show in years doubt if id be there this year Sad
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2014, 12:08:52 PM »

Any further thoughts on the hotel situation yet Theo?  Smiley

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2014, 12:20:00 PM »

Looking into that today  Wink Expect an email fro me.....  Cheesy

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
jasonh131

BILLERICAY ESSEX UK

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2014, 07:04:46 PM »

what percentage is the discount on the tickets with the code

On my 6 th 131 now Goldy
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2014, 02:19:01 PM »

what percentage is the discount on the tickets with the code

Depends on the type of ticket and day. The club offer is for Saturday or Sunday tickets and there's no club discount for Friday tickets. Normal Saturday or Sunday single adult tickets are ?18.50 if pre-booked or ?21.50 on the day and they are discounted to ?16.50 with the club special code (must be pre-booked). There's a ?10 saving on family tickets (2 adults and 3 children).

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.