Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:08:25 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  18th to 21st, 4(!)Nights?!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 18th to 21st, 4(!)Nights?!  (Read 17303 times)
Upprcalypse

Gerald

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2007, 10:58:07 PM »

I don't think you'll have enough time to follow the whole route and catch up with the rest of us.

Well, I guess it depends on your definition of "catching up" Wink We will of course not be able to be in Killarney at the same time you will be there, but wouldn't we be able to arrive in Killarney sometime Friday night and then join the rest of the group?

Or to be honest, I'm not travelling ~2000km to Ireland and then leave without having seen this

Grin

Thanks for the info with the ferries, if these 77? are per cabin and not per person then I guess it's definately worth it Smiley
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2007, 11:12:19 PM »

The 3MA convoy will be at those cliffs at around 11.0am on Friday 18th May for about 30 mins so you will miss them on that date.

Fortunately there will be plenty of other spectacular and rugged views in Cork/Kerry but if you have a specific desire to see the Cliffs of Moher (and I can understand why - The west coast of Clare is amazing and about 80 kms from where I live) I can plan a route to get you from Killarney to the Cliffs for early the following week. It depends on what day you plan to return to France.

Yes the prices are per cabin - Not per person.

Gerald - Are or your co-driver (131akafa) in contact with any other 131 fans in Germany - Is it possible to spread the word to other fans in your country?? Grin

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2007, 11:26:58 PM »

The sea at the Cliffs of Moher wasn't as calm as in your photo a couple of weeks ago on our recce mission!  Shocked  And it was so windy I am glad the camera had image stabilisation! There I go again moaning about the weather but that's because I expect we'll have such glorious weather during the 3MA that I won't be able to moan about it! Grin

[attachment deleted by admin]

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Upprcalypse

Gerald

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2007, 11:28:16 PM »

Well, yes, we are in contact with other 131 fans in Germany, although I guess not many are crazy enough to go to Ireland for a meeting  Wink But we are trying to convince some more.

Is my plan on running the same "friday-route" as the 3MA convoy, just some hours later really that stupid?!

My idea was to arrive at Rosslare on Friday 18th May at ~11:30am and then travel to the official "startingpoint" of the 3MA convoy. From there on we could use the route directions and travel along that route to Killarney. Of course we'll get there some hours later than the convoy, but we would al least have seen everything  Huh

kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2007, 11:40:08 PM »

Well if you put it like that then no - Not stupid at all - That should be possible.

Allow 4 hours (no stops) relaxed driving to get from Rosslare to the Cliffs of Moher. Travel from there directly to Kilrush (via Lahinch, Spanish Point and Quilty - missing Kilkee) and Killimer (ferry port) and telephone us when you land in Tarbert (30 min crossing of the river Shannon) and see where the convoy is. If we are not too far ahead we could wait for you....in a pub maybe!!? Grin

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2007, 02:27:54 PM »

Is my plan on running the same "friday-route" as the 3MA convoy, just some hours later really that stupid?!

"It's better to do something stupid than to do nothing at all!"

Theo Kyriacou - 2007

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Upprcalypse

Gerald

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2007, 12:57:46 PM »

Hehe, thank you Smiley

I guess that's the way to go then  Grin
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.