Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:57:38 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  We seek them here, we seek them there, we seek them everywhere (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  HEG 3W
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: HEG 3W  (Read 6749 times)
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« on: January 25, 2008, 06:16:39 PM »

The photo below of HEG 3W was taken at Gaydo during the Fiat Spectacular in 2003. The car was fully restored to a very high standard so must still be around somewhere.

About a year ago (or maybe longer) the car was offered for sale so probably with a new owner now. Does anyone know the whereabouts of this car?

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 06:59:57 PM »

I remember when this was for sale on Ebay Theo, perhaps a little less than a year ago.

It is certainly a clean interpretation of the Sport look in the white colour but were there queries raised as to whether it was a genuine Sport or a conversion from a basic 2 door?  - Not that this is a huge minus point if the car has been done to a high standard and is in good condition.

I would certainly love to see the car as it has so many positive comments over the years - Maybe another 3MA attendee in the offing...?  Wink

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 09:17:13 PM »

Yes this is the car which was on ebay and the seller claimed the original colour of the shell was white which made us all think it was a "standard" two door bodyshell used to restore a Sport or a conversion to a Sport from a standard car. It was a good example nonetheless and sounded great with its twin 45 DCOEs and custom made wide bore exhaust. I'd like to know who's got the car now and maybe we could get the (new?) owner to join us for the 3MA.

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Sev131

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2008, 12:53:53 PM »

I went to see this car a few months ago. It now lives in Manchester.
It's definately not a genuine Sport as the seller said and definately a converted 1300 or 1600. I bought the spares of him that the buyer did not want when he sold the car on ebay for ?3900

It was nicely tuned on points set up on 1800 dizzy drive, high comp pistons, alquati cams etc.

Recent fresh waxoyl treatment to o/s/ floor put me off as I'd suspected a cover up. Looked mint untll close inspection.

Still a nice example and i got a go in it!

I've got the wheels on my super series 3 at the moment of Theo's picture above.
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2008, 01:46:18 PM »

Hi Bobby - How are you?

I dont suppose you kept contact details for the new owner by any chance..? And did you get a chance to tell him about 3MA08?  Wink

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
Sev131

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2008, 10:49:36 PM »

Hi Kev,

I'm fine thanks, sorry i've been lazy in contributing to site chit chat.

I've not got any contact details of the owner as the previous owner only told me the info. I might have his e-mail add. If i have i'll mail him.

mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2008, 09:37:57 PM »

According to My Car Check.com this is a fiat 131 Mirafiori sport. When I check my car it comes up as a 131 Mirafiori CL (which it originally was.) As far as I know you can not change the vehicle type on the registration document, only the colour, engine size etc. It is possible that the car was re-shelled at some time of course.

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2008, 07:07:09 AM »

Dave, I think that's what Kev and Theo are saying in a round about way Grin

There was some correspondence when the car was up for sale, with a guy who had been over it with a fine tooth comb, and because there was white absolutely everywhere (and not simply overspray) the conclusion was that the car had indeed been re-shelled, probably using a white 2-door CL body. It is fairly easy these days to swap the metal rivetted ID plate from the Sport and 'replace' the original chassis number.

All of this 'history' probably contributed to the fact that it didn't really reach the price that many of us had thought it would.

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.