Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:00:23 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  For Sale and Wanted (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  orange 131 racing en English plates in Ireland on ebay
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: orange 131 racing en English plates in Ireland on ebay  (Read 30073 times)
mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2015, 11:45:18 AM »

I think it will make between 13 and 15 thousand. It's already at nearly 10,000 with days to go. Being a genuine UK RHD car it will be quite sought after I'm sure.

These prices are great for sellers but not enthusiasts as now only the rich are able to own these cars. Will be interesting in the long term to see if prices continue to rise or whether they level off or come down.

I guess the world economy has a bearing on things such as the European situation and what's going on in China.

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
oldskool

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2015, 01:46:40 PM »

It does look nice, but i get really put off when someone lists a car/item on ebay and then chooses to hide bidder id's, cant see the point of that at all other than it allows shill bidding (getting  mates/friends to run the price up) Shocked, it's not as if you can see the whole id of a bidder and contact them anyway, not saying that there is shill bidding going on here, just an observation.

If realy that nice i think should make 12 to 14
mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2015, 02:12:47 PM »

Must have heard you Smiley it's no longer a private auction when I last looked earlier.

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
oldskool

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2015, 04:16:44 PM »

Still private, if you click on the bids so far they are all private id bids, which is something the seller sets as an option when listing, i think ebay should not allow this as an option as there is no benefit to the bidder
mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2015, 04:26:09 PM »

It's changed back again. Earlier I could see the bidders. Interestingly when it's private it shows you the number of retracted bids which interestingly is high at 25.

bellamacchina

bellamacchina

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2015, 08:24:20 PM »

Don't worry too much Gerard, you simply can buy my silver Sport in excellent condition for the money you wanna spend at present! Steering on the left side BUT no sagging headlining and an Original Sport engine Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Grin

bellamacchina  Albert

Dronten  Flevoland the Netherlands
131super-man

« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2015, 08:53:49 PM »

Hello albert . Hope you are well . I'm sticking to the steering wheels on the right side . I've a few other options at the moment . All rhd cars . Not going to rush .

currently own a 131 racing rhd
TOAD

Green Eye Motorsport - Home Of The Toad

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2015, 09:18:40 PM »

Video of Big Toad Build up.   www.youtube.co.uk/evotoad
Sev131

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2015, 11:07:51 PM »

Looks very nice. The reg rings a bell from a few years back from ebay.
mccabe131

« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2015, 08:17:10 PM »

My only comment anyone who buys a car blind on the likes of ebay, or its like need their head examined, and this is even more revelant when dealing with itilian cars, believe me, just because it looks lovely after a respray and polish means nothing,old saying,dont judge a book by the cover, i very nearly lost my shirt last year on a so called mint Alfasud looked concours in pictured supplyed by owner,had the luck to get a trusted friend to view car on my behalf only to discover it was sows ear made to look like a silk purse, sorry end of rant, be carefull out there 131 friends...

Mick McCabe Kilkenny 1979 131 racing, 1980 1993 Fiat tipo sedicivalvole, 1989 1990 fiesta xr2i, 1991 sierra cosworth 4x4,1983 M B 300 GD,
bellamacchina

bellamacchina

« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2015, 08:22:29 PM »

I don't understand that people pay around double the money for an RHD example. I could buy a really beautiful Giulietta Lusso RHD, which is not common in Holland and took it because of the quality. But your decision.

And with the so called mint Sud, there are plenty of examples this way, shiny outside, a rotten pear underneath.

bellamacchina  Albert

Dronten  Flevoland the Netherlands
Lee donavan

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2015, 09:13:57 PM »

Well said Mccabe131! My thoughts since I saw it. Looks too good!
oldskool

« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2015, 07:28:58 AM »

mccabe, been there many a time, car looks great in photos and with  flowery description only to find that on inspection it's hiding many faults, filler, rust, accident damage etc and been toshed over with ab quick respray, whoever said the "camera doesnt lie" was talking nonsense, i would never buy or bid on any car unless i viewed it first
131super-man

« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2015, 11:32:43 AM »

I have viewed the car and had a good drive in it . The car is one of the best examples you will find . There are no hidden nasties lurking . I wouldn't  have bid ?10k on a 131 if it was a rot box . The car is driving lovely and is mot'd 2 years on the trot at a local government  vosa test station . Unfortunately I don't have enough ?? sitting at this point in time to buy her  . ?10k will not buy this car now as I have been outbid and the piggy bank is limited .  Anyone who hasn't seen the car is welcome to PM me and I can vouch for her . The camera doesn't lie . This car is stunning . Good luck to anyone able to buy her . You won't find better .

131super-man

« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2015, 08:34:23 PM »

Albert I understand your thoughts on rhd v lhd but in Ireland we have a lot of A road ie single carriageway . In Northern Ireland with a population of 1.5 million approx we have about 50 miles of motorway and about 20 miles of dual carriageway in total . It's a joke considering in Southern Ireland almost every main city is linked by motorway or dual carriageway built with EU grant money . When driving a lhd car on the left hand side , it's very difficult to see past a large vehicle in front . On the run from armagh up to malin head last year I found on a single carriageway you had to lean across the car , sit about 1 foot across the white line and swerve out slightly to see if it was safe to overtake . This is quite dangerous and becomes a real nuisance , especially when behind a truck or tractor with a large trailer . That's the only real need to have a rhd car here . I can drive both but overtaking is the main issue .

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.