Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:30:03 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  For Sale and Wanted (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  still looking for a 2 door 131
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: still looking for a 2 door 131  (Read 6359 times)
maxi.man

« on: February 09, 2007, 10:06:47 AM »

im looking for a 2 door car for a retro rally project would take rolling shell if possible  any ideas
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2007, 09:18:41 PM »

Hi Maxi.man

The above shell came up for sale in the west of Ireland late last year. It came with a scrapped 131 Sport (too far gone) and a separate modified Fiat TC 2.0 engine. I went to have a look as I hadn't found my car at that stage.

I had a good examination around the body which came with quite good doors but no bonnet. It was very solid but as it had been painted between 3/5 years ago a few very small bubbles were beginning to appear. The floor was sound and came with most (but not all) bits to re-assemble.

Unfortunately I dont have the guy's contact number but if anyone who is reading this in Ireland sees this and knows his tel no, perhaps they will post it.

Cheers

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
chris131

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2007, 09:49:47 PM »

Hi kev, what was the guy's name? I might have supplied him parts for it at some stage (not sure).
Also has he still got it, and how much was he looking?

Regards
chris
Alan

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2007, 01:46:49 PM »

Hi folks, this is my long term project!
Been sitting in the garage for some time and I had considered selling it but changed my mind!
Huge amount of interest from a small add but having such a clean shell with all the crappy work done I owe it to the car as well as myself to finish it. (Some of my friends said they would not talk to me again if I sold it!)
I know if I sold it and met it coming towards me some day I'd never forgive myself!
I need some parts to finish but I will start a separate post for that.
As and when the thing comes together I will post some pics...
Alan.Wink
mick131

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2007, 07:10:43 PM »

Maxi.man,

Are you still looking for a Sport to restore ?. May be able to help.

Cheers

Mick.

Mick Wilson
Birkenshaw, West Yorkshire, UK.
maxi.man

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2007, 12:46:19 PM »

yes i am any ideas  mick cheers
mick131

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2007, 02:23:15 PM »

Sorry mate,

The one that I had in mind for you went for ?550 but was in pretty poor shape and needed a lot of work. Just as an idea what are you roughly wanting to pay for one that needs restoring any idea ??.

Mick.

Mick Wilson
Birkenshaw, West Yorkshire, UK.
parrish

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2007, 05:58:19 AM »

Heres a suggestion,
as your looking for a shell for a retro rally project i take it that a LHD shell would be OK.
Here in Spain their appears to be plenty of 4 door shells and i have seen the odd 2 door shell on the road and in scrap yards, good old scrap yards like we used to have in the UK.
Motor mania will transport a car from Spain to the UK for 550 pound's approx plus VAT, they transported my 131 to Spain last year (door step to door step) if you bear in mind that the Spanish dont use salt on the roads you will realise that even the most ancient of shell's are in pretty good condition, theirby saving a lot of replacement panels and welding.
So why not get a cheep (some times free) flight to Spain and have a look around a few scrap yards for the right car/shell, combined with a few days in the sun, could eventually save you a lot of money.
I live in Spain and if you were to find something in or around the Costas and or Granada region i would be more than willing to help in any logistical problems you may encounter.
Any one in Spain at any time drop me a line.
Now if you were looking for a Fiat (Seat) 500 - 600 i know where their are literally dozens of runners and some waiting for TLC, theirs even a 600 Abarth type for sale in Granada near wher i am for 3900 Euros (see photo on attached link)
http://www.sportingfiatsclub.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2416
Steve
PS: remeber they were badged SEAT's in Spain so if you do go around scrap yards its beter to have a picture of what you want in your hand.

Steve Parrish owner of:  1977 131 4 door.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.