Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:14:56 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  The Garage (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Intake Manifold torque
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Intake Manifold torque  (Read 4578 times)
elibarb

« on: August 01, 2016, 04:27:55 PM »

I have a 76 131 with a 1.8L and the torque recommendation for the intake manifold is 18 ftlb, but I was curious if anyone else had problems with this? If I leave it at that, the middle and rear cooling jackets tend to leak. I've tried with and without gasket sealant, but have had problems both ways. The exterior leaks seem to stop at around 30-40 ftlbs of torque. I'm not convinced even with this extra tightening that it's not leaking internally into the intake.  Do I need to take the cyl head off and have it re-planed(or whatever you call it) or is it fine to have this torqued down a bit heftier? What should I expect? Thanks.

Eli B.
76 131 4 door
67 850 coupe
jasonh131

BILLERICAY ESSEX UK

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2016, 06:34:04 PM »

Have you checked the flat true ness on both head and manifold with a steel rule and see if you can get a feler gauge underneath  .. Undecided

On my 6 th 131 now Goldy
elibarb

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2016, 10:37:07 PM »

thanks, I'll give that a shot. I fear I'll have to take the head off to have it replaned. oh well.
elibarb

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2016, 02:56:43 AM »

The intake manifold ended up not being truly flat. Cylinder head is fine.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.