Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:52:40 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  We seek them here, we seek them there, we seek them everywhere (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  YUB 655X - Where is it now...?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: YUB 655X - Where is it now...?  (Read 6294 times)
kev131
Founding Member

« on: February 10, 2008, 06:23:39 PM »

I first spotted this car for sale somewhere in west London - I was tempted to buy it but cant remember now why I didn't. This car was the inspiration for the colour chosen when painting by Sport from the 90s, EVW 15T.

I saw the car again at a Brooklands show so it must have been owned by an enthusiast.

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 07:34:41 PM »

In the first picture there is a 132 2000 in the background! Perhaps I should set up a 132 or Argenta.com and see how much worldwide interest there is in the 132 and Argenta!

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
saganowski

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 06:55:50 PM »

Hi
I owned that car back in the early 90's. I re-built the car and re-sprayed it, i did drive it around for a few years.
I took the car to Brooklands on the day you took them pictures.  I was just wondering where you got the other picture from?

As for the car, it rusted out and got broken up for spares.

kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 07:30:40 PM »

Hi Matey - I took the other photo as well (parked on the side of the street). It was where you were living at the time I thought - At least this was where we agreed to meet to show me the car. I do have a long & accurate memory where 131 events are concerned. I even remember the car being so low on petrol we had to head straight for a petrol station and put a fiver in!!? Wink

I must say that I thought it looked really fresh and as mentioned above I copied it with my own car later.? Smiley

Ever think of getting another one? - You must still be interested in 131s to have found this site and registered here, after all these years.? Wink

Oh & I have a few other pics as well if you'd like to see them.

Kevin Doyle
Limerick, Ireland
saganowski

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2008, 07:47:33 PM »

hi mate still interested but cant find any would love to see the other photos
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2008, 08:08:59 PM »

No probs matey - Here you go - Not quite as good as the rest but I'm sure you will enjoy them nevertheless.

I hope that you continue to contribute the site - Maybe when you get a chance,...you might introduce yourself to the forum and tell us your 131 experiences.? Grin

Kevin Doyle
Limerick, Ireland
saganowski

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2008, 08:42:58 PM »

cheers mate
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.