Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:59:39 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  3MA News and other events (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Le Jog 2020
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Le Jog 2020  (Read 6057 times)
parrish

« on: March 03, 2019, 05:56:09 PM »

I have spent the last week or so looking at route options for a Le Jogg, its complicated with so many options.
Rather than the normal route book may I suggest "Way Points" for lunch and accommodation thus allowing those participants to choose the roads they want to drive A, B or motorways.
Also allows those that want to visit local attractions on route to deviate as they wish.
Your thoughts please.
Steve

Steve Parrish owner of:  1977 131 4 door.
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2019, 06:04:57 PM »

I have spent the last week or so looking at route options for a Le Jogg, its complicated with so many options......

Steve

Thank you for volunteering to organise this Steve 😁👍😊

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
parrish

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2019, 06:40:36 PM »

Researching Theo researching!

Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2019, 10:24:24 PM »

Researching Theo researching!

Yes, that's how it starts.....  Wink Grin

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
parrish

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2019, 08:23:02 PM »

Lets put this out there for comment.
Everyone has to get to the start at Land End and everyone has to get back home from John O Groats, those from the UK will go up and down the length of the UK twice.
We have a 3 or 4 day option, I have spent some time dividing the route as shown below, this can be fine tuned a few miles here and there. As I previously mentioned I suggest "Way Points" at which we can meet eat and stay over together. I will work on more detailed routes, stopovers and places of interest etc after we agree 3 or 4 days.
The route timings below avoid motorways and assume no Roadworks weekend traffic etc.
Your thoughts.

3 Days Avoiding Motor ways:
Leg 1: Lands end to Worcester (317 miles)  6 hours 30 min.
Leg 2: Worcester to Gretna Green (250 miles) 6 hours 31 min
Leg 3: Gretna Green to JOG (361 miles) 7 hours 30 min.

4 Days Avoiding Motor ways:
Leg 1: Lands end to Bristol. (199 miles) 4 hours
Leg 2: Bristol to Lancaster (224 miles)  5 hours 45 Min.
Leg 3: Lancaster to Alexandria (200 miles) 5 hours
Leg 4: Alexandria to JOG (269 Miles) 6 hours

Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2019, 12:46:48 AM »

Back in 2007 when the 3 mad amigos were planning the first 3ma in Ireland, we decided it should be a 4 day event and so it's been ever since. I'd therefore obviously say that the proposed Le Jog 3ma20 should also be a 4 day event. I know people in the UK might have a very long drive to the start or back home at the end but it's no different to driving for 2 days through Europe to get to a 3ma and then driving 2 days to get back home at the end. For most UK people, the drive to the start and maybe even at the end can be done in a day. Our European and Irish visitors can take different sea crossing to the start and at the end to limit their driving.

So, I say go for the 4 day plan. The only change I'd make to the proposed 4 day plan is to extend the first day's driving to Gloucester and avoid Bristol altogether by going via Portishead.

* LeJog.JPG (35 KB, 442x523 - viewed 902 times.)

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
parrish

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2019, 06:09:34 AM »

Im currently working in Qatar with little time to progress this.

Current basic plan is:
4 Days Avoiding Motor ways:
Leg 1: Lands end to Glouscester. (236 miles) 4 hours
Leg 2: Gloucester to Lancaster (175 miles)  3 hours 15 Min.
Leg 3: Lancaster to Alexandria (200 miles) 5 hours
Leg 4: Alexandria to JOG (269 Miles) 6 hours

If someone can take up the planning it would be much appreciated.
I think 'Way Points' are the best way to go, and participants responsible for arranging their own overnight stays in the chosen locality.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.