Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:19:41 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Track width difference between 131 racing and stradale
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Track width difference between 131 racing and stradale  (Read 2902 times)
alfabruce

« on: October 31, 2019, 03:47:53 AM »

Hi from South Autralia

Im thinking of building a 131 stradale replica but cant find much information of the increase in track width from the 131 racing. Im trying to work out what sort of engineering approval I would need here in Adelaide to get a possible increase in width approved by the government registration department. I have figure that say the 131 r was 160omm wide front and 1456 rear which is the same as the stradale. Other information says the 131r was only 1384 wide front and 1327 rear which could cuase me some problems because of the much wider track.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Cheers

Tim
benjack

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2019, 02:43:03 PM »

I'm using spacers on the hubs, and rims with bigger (smaller?) offset to make up increased track width. (On my racecar in South Africa.)
Can you not do the same after approval?

1978 Fiat 131 Racing
1978 Fiat 131 Abarth replica
1978 Fiat 131 Panorama
alfabruce

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2019, 11:20:44 PM »

HI yes I can but if I increase the overall track width too much (more than 25mm) I will need to get the entire car approved and track tested which is an expensive process and may require upgrading of steering, suspension, diffs etc etc

If the difference in track between the racing and stradale is not too great it will make it far more viable.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.