Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:42:28 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  The Garage (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Water pump question
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Water pump question  (Read 2773 times)
Crazypierre

« on: December 22, 2019, 03:18:45 PM »

Hi,
I have a 1979 131 1300 CL with the push rod engine.
Please can you tell me if the water pump on this engine is the same as on the Supermirafiori 1600 engine?
Where might be the best place to get one?

Thanks
Pete
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2019, 06:39:45 PM »

It's a long time since I've had a 131 with the pushrod engine but I seem to remember that water pumps are slightly different with the ones for the twincams; something to do with the heater pipe I think. Then again I may be completely wrong!  Roll Eyes I'm sure Yagmur can supply the correct water pump for your engine.

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Crazypierre

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2019, 07:39:23 PM »

Thanks, I'll check with Yagmur.

I'm thinking it's the pump bearings that have worn as I get a grinding noise, more noticeable from inside the car than outside.....

Regards
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2019, 09:37:16 PM »

Yes likely to be the pump bearing but take the belt off first and feel the pump bearing for play or roughness. It could be the alternator bearing or, as in my case, a loose crankshaft front pulley!

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.