Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:16:58 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  The Garage (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  131 Abarth Group 4 Historic
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 131 Abarth Group 4 Historic  (Read 1925 times)
Whiffy

« on: January 07, 2022, 06:37:29 PM »

I have just started on the long journey, can anyone advise the following. In order to comply with Historic regs and in particular the 16v head can you use a 16Vv head from another car (Fiat/Lancia) providing the casting is the same as the original. Can anyone also advise which 5 speed gearboxes would comply.
Thanks 
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2022, 07:00:58 PM »

I don't know for sure but I'd guess a 16valve head from a modern Lancia or Fiat won't be acceptable. Plus later heads had the inlet and exhaust sides swapped over. I suggest you contact Rallysport Developments http://www.rallysport-development.co.uk/ who will be able to advise you and also provide a brand new "historic" 16 valve head.

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
mick131

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2022, 09:51:44 AM »

There is, somewhere out there, a video of a chap called Carlos and it shows his engine on start up with a reversed 16v head. Also on Guy Croft's site..

http://www.guy-croft.com/viewtopic.php?t=2416

Think the RSD heads are approx £4000 but could be wrong..

Mick Wilson
Birkenshaw, West Yorkshire, UK.
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2022, 09:30:14 PM »

Yes, RSD 16Valve heads for the 131 are not cheap! But they are made in small numbers to the original specification. I also know that Guy Croft and others managed to fit newer 'reversed' heads to older twin cam engines but I wouldn't have thought that the car/engine would be homologated with historic status for racing. I think that's why RSD had to manufacture their own head to original specs to go historic racing. Then again I could be wrong as I am not an expert and just guessing.

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.