Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 05:29:50 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  The Garage (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Crankcase breather pipe
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Crankcase breather pipe  (Read 2297 times)
beardy bloke

« on: December 01, 2022, 10:07:07 AM »

I have been trying to replace the small 90degree bend which goes back to the engine . It looks like I have to take off the oil vapour seperater to do this , is this correct and can it be done with inlet manifold in place ?
parrish

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2022, 06:26:49 PM »

Very difficult with the manifold in place as the retaining clips have to be slid past the connectors. I believe the pipe is the same for both the short and taller block if you have a 1600 its likely to be even more difficult. Why are you re[placing it?

Steve Parrish owner of:  1977 131 4 door.
beardy bloke

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2022, 11:31:13 AM »

Hi , it was leaking quite badly , the pipe is off and I have got a temporary fix in place but long term I need to fit correct pipe . It's obviously going to be difficult but I was hoping to at least loosen the seperator and get some play in the pipe that way . I seen on a 124 forum that the seperater will come out sideways I was hoping that the same would true for the 131 ?
parrish

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2022, 06:40:46 PM »

Central bolt in the Seperator is long and i doubt you will be able to remove it, even if you can get it loose.

beardy bloke

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2022, 07:25:53 PM »

Hi Steve , that's what I thought , the 124 forum suggested  that it only needed 1/2 inch space to get bolt end free and then it should be able to slide sideways ? , I guess if it's only that far threaded into the block it might work .
I think if it will come that far then I could get the pipe on and replace without removing it altogether? , any thoughts.
I am also having a problem getting a pipe to replace mine as its a different size to most 16mm on crankcase and 19mm on breather ?
parrish

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2022, 02:42:42 PM »

Undoing the bolt will allow you to turn the top of the breather unit perhaps that will be enough to allow you to remove the old one and put on a new one, yes different sizes each end i believe so your going to have to find a new one or come up with some sort of sleeve.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.