Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:28:28 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  3MA News and other events (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  South UK Convoy to 3MA
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: South UK Convoy to 3MA  (Read 10912 times)
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« on: February 12, 2007, 05:48:10 PM »

There's something very pleasurable as well as reassuring in driving in a convoy of same or similar cars.  A few of us from the South of the UK travelling from Fishguard to Rosslare for the 3MA are trying to organise a few meeting points on route to Fishguard so we can get a convoy of 131s to arrive together at Fishguard and of course cross Ireland from Rosslare to Limerick where we'll be meeting up with more 3MA participants.

At least three of us are booked for Thursday 17th May on the Stenaline Express from Fishguard to Rosslare  departing 11:30am so we'll aim to be at Fishguard about 10:30. So I should be leaving Enfield about 6:00am  Undecided  The only meeting point we have arranged at the moment is at Reading Westbound services on the M4 for about 7:00am. Meeting times may have to be changed or adjusted as more meeting places are added but of course we don't want to have to stop every quarter of an hour!

So if you are going to the 3MA from the UK and you intend to use the Southern crossing (Fishguard or Pembroke to Rosslare) then please post here with your booking dates and times so we can get a nice big convoy or a number of small convoys.  Grin

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Andy c

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 07:49:23 PM »

we(myself+Anita) are booked same time and day as you starting from Polegate East Sussex not sure what time we leaveing but wont be far away from you
Andy

Andy Cobb
Polegate East Sussex
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 09:11:47 PM »

Andy, according to Autoroute you'll have a 4 hour 40 minute drive so you'll have a nice and early start!  Shocked

Autoroute suggests you pick up the M23 and then go round the M25 to the M4 and head west. If you use that route then the Westbound Reading services will be an ideal place to meet up and continue in a convoy.  Grin

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 07:09:03 PM »

Hi guys

Advertising the oppportunity to get a UK based convoy is a great idea - That way the 3MA fun can begin earlier on the 17th (at 4.0am!!!). At least you will have a nice dawn to accompany you and it's a nicer time to be out on the roads - Better than 4.0pm anyway!? Cheesy

As I understand it, there are at least 3 Mirafioris originating from Southern England with an ETA in Limerick of mid to late afternoon. It is possible that there will be a French fan and car already in Limerick at that stage and together with whomever else is attending 3MA and is in the mid-west of Ireland, on the evening of the 17th, is invited to a Bar-B-Q at my house - Weather permitting!

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2007, 07:13:08 AM »

Grin I'll certainly be meeting up with Theo and Andy in the Reading Services on the M4 on the way to the ferry at Fishguard. Grin It's always heartwarming to travel any distance with other 131s Tongue

Thanks for the invite to a BBQ at yours Kev - should be a laugh Grin Is the rain warmer in Ireland in the summer, or is it that it falls vertically rather than horizontally? Shocked Grin Grin Wink

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2007, 08:32:25 PM »

... the Westbound Reading services will be an ideal place to meet up and continue in a convoy.  Grin

OK guys. Our ferry departs at 11:30 am so we need to be there at least an hour before at 10:30. I make it that means we should be leaving  Reading Westbound services at 7:00am as AutoRoute claims it's a 3 hour 14 minute drive for the 205 miles to Fishguard from there.  In fact that's possibly slightly optimistic so I'll aim to be at Reading Westbound Services by 6:30 am so I may get the time for a cup of coffee or if everyone else is there we can set off a bit sooner. But I think nobody should wait beyond 7:00 am.

Simon has my mobile number (it's also in the 3MA Routebook) but I can also send a Private Message with it to anyone else coming (Andy, check your PMs and maybe you can let us have a contact mobile number).

Not long now guys! Cheesy   I am so not ready yet...  Embarrassed   See you all soon.  Cool

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2007, 09:03:25 PM »

I just printed out my Stenaline e-ticket which says under check-in times "LATEST CHECK-IN TIME is 60 minutes before departure" and  ensure you check-in BEFORE the latest check-in time shown otherwise your space cannot be guaranteed"

On the basis of that I think we should be leaving Reading services at 6:30am to be on the safe side. What do the rest of you think?

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2007, 06:28:31 AM »

I agree Theo,

Although it's a very early start, especially for you Roll Eyes, I think that we should aim to meet at Reading Services (on the west bound carriageway! Grin) from about 6.00 to 6.15am - with the aim of moving on by 6.30am.

See you there!!

Simon131 Grin

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2007, 09:50:25 AM »

I better set my alarm nice and early then!  Undecided

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2007, 08:19:35 PM »

Slight change of plan:

The South UK convoy meeting point is now at the Travelodge carpark at the Moto services on Junction 13 of the M4. Meeting time 6:30am ! Shocked

Travelodge Newbury Chieveley M4 Hotel
Moto Service Area, A34 Oxford Road, Chieveley
Newbury RG18 9XX

All concerned have been notified of this change but if you were planning on joining the convoy but haven't told anybody about it, please note this change and don't go waiting at the Reading Services  as you might be waiting alone for a long time Roll Eyes

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
curt

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2007, 07:55:31 AM »

Hey Theo
Thats 9 miles from my house -If i wasnt working in birmingham this week i would have come down with a load of bacon sarnies for you guys  Grin Grin
I wish you and all the other guys a very safe and successful trip and look forward to all the nice photos of 131s getting wet !! Grin
All the very best and is it today that a certain someone gets married  Huh Huh
Lucky bloke - maybe  Undecided
Drive safe you lot  Cheesy

Solihull West Midlands
Still keeps hoping for another sport !
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2007, 08:04:29 AM »

Thanks for your well wishes Curt!  Cheesy Your promise of bacon sarnies is making me hungry!  Grin

Yes this afternoon a certain someone is getting married to a certain someone and they'll be off to the 3MA for their honeymoon! Must certainly both be very lucky to have such a special honeymoon!  Wink

I wish Andy and Anita all the happiness in the world! 

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
curt

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2007, 08:39:42 AM »

Here Here
All the very best on your special day Andy and Anita
 Grin Grin
Make a very good picture -a bride in a dress exiting from a 131  Grin
Who says romance is dead  Cheesy Cheesy

Again my very best wishes to you both

Curt

PS i will try to control the weather for you  Wink

Solihull West Midlands
Still keeps hoping for another sport !
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.