Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:04:17 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  3MA News and other events (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  European Convoy to 3MA
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: European Convoy to 3MA  (Read 8390 times)
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« on: February 14, 2007, 01:14:00 PM »

We already have some definite attendees from Europe for the 3MA but we have interested 'possibles' from as far as Greece, Poland and Turkey. One thing that might deter people from travelling a long way to join the 3MA, is the idea of driving a long way on their own. It's much more enjoyable and safer in case of any trouble, to travel in a convoy with others; "strength in numbers" and all that...

So if you are travelling from the Continent and have already booked your ferry crossings, please post here to let others know and get some European 131 convoys to the 3MA. If you are still undecided about joining us, please also post here to see if there's others from your part of the world still trying to decide.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 01:19:29 PM by Thotos » Logged

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Upprcalypse

Gerald

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2007, 10:58:06 PM »

Hi! We are now definately booked for the following ferry:

Cherbourg - Rosslare departure Thursday May 17th 18:00 arrival Friday May 18th 11:30.

We will be travelling from Stuttgart, Germany to Cherbourg. Although oure "road-route" is not yet final here is a brief overview. If there is anybody along that route or near that route, let us know! Smiley

(I'm not sure if we will really travel through Paris or if we should rather take the Compi?gne - Bauvais route?!)

Gerald
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2007, 11:16:01 PM »

Hi Gerald - It's great to see yet another car booked for the journey.

If it is any help the route that I took from Frankfurt to Cherbourg was as follows? (copied from my notes at the time - I was alone... doing the driving AND navigating!)

Frankfurt (North of Stuttgart)
Limburg
Koblenz
Koln
Aachen
Liege
Namur
Charleroi
Amiens
Rouen
Caen
Cherbourg

It might not the most direct route as the crow flies but it was simple motorway most of the way well into France. I left Frankfurt at about 10.0am and arrived in Rouen at about 6.0pm and stayed overnight there. That was about 900kms I think.

Have you decided which car you are taking yet?

Cheers

Kev

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
Upprcalypse

Gerald

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2007, 11:21:08 PM »

Have you decided which car you are taking yet?

As I know Ren?, nothing definate until we are on our way...  Grin

Thank you for your route infos, but I guess this would be quite a lot "northwards" for us and about 200kms detour. Wink
KRENZER JEAN

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2007, 07:56:50 AM »

AT LEAST  i decided to join the 3MA.....  and maybe some Fiat fans could be interested to make the travel with me... I start form Mulhouse (about 40 miles far from Germany, and also Switzerland) to Cherbourg and the ship booking is confirmed on 17th may departure 18:00. I'm sure not to be the only one..on the road
I speak french and german ...

Cheers

« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 08:01:56 AM by KRENZERJ » Logged
Upprcalypse

Gerald

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2007, 04:41:03 PM »

Hi!

If I look at this map, maybe we can meet in / near Paris an travel the remaining ~400kms together? It would certainly be more fun and a native speaker is always a good advantage in France  Smiley

« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 04:43:11 PM by Upprcalypse » Logged
KRENZER JEAN

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2007, 12:23:33 PM »

IST DIE wELT SO KLEIN.....
ich bin durch mein vater ein "halb-suttgarter"...
mit grosse Freude w?rde ich mit fahren...

Tch?ss
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2007, 08:59:38 PM »

Hi guys

I hope that your plans are coming along nicely as there is not much time left to wait now. I can tell you that the weather in Ireland has taken a sudden turn for the better recently with the past 5 days being sun filled, dry and warm (during the day at least). Perfect Fiat 131 weather !? Grin In fact last weekend would have been perfect for the 3MA.

Theo has been doing a lot of work preparing a route map/card for the weekend and in particular for the Friday (18th) route which you may be doing on your own, we have added a lot of detail to help you follow the correct route.

If you wish I can also let you have a mobile tel number in case you get lost while wandering around the countryside.

Looking to seeing you all in a few weeks.

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.