Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:58:16 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  We seek them here, we seek them there, we seek them everywhere (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  BGT 182X - Where is it now...?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: BGT 182X - Where is it now...?  (Read 6104 times)
kev131
Founding Member

« on: March 20, 2008, 10:21:28 PM »

This beauty was in in South East London in the early to mid 90s. I think that the owner worked for BT and was a member of the FTCR. He was very happy to show me his car although could not stay chatting for long.

I really really liked this car as it was in my favourite colour and this was a particlularly clean example, although no doubt, no longer wearing original paint.? Smiley

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
Gremlino

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 10:49:04 PM »

Oh dear I'm beggining to sound like a contestant on Mastermind ....'Chosen subject FIAT 131's in and around S.E. London in the 90's'

The owner of this car went to school with a work collegue of mine, the car could be regularly seen around Bellingham/Catford S.E. London.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 05:16:34 PM by Gremlino » Logged

Signature has gone Kaput!
Gremlino

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 05:18:35 PM »

Paulcas wasn't this your car ?  Wink

Signature has gone Kaput!
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 04:55:31 PM »

ps Kev, tell me more about our brief chat!   

Paul - I wish I could remember...but as I get the impression that you don't remember my visit ...?...maybe my brain cells can't be too bad in comparison.  Smiley

I certainly remember it was a fine summer's evening - I was staying near Eltham ...and Catford rings a bell - Are the pics from your road...?

I took 4 pics in total (I have the other framed somewhere) and it was a thrill to come across another 131 Sport in existence, even way back then. I seem to remember that you were a little bit reserved, possibly because you had no idea who I was or what my motives were. I did appreciate your letting me see and photograph the car and I do also remember that you had no intentions of selling it.

I obtained your name and tel no on a list of other owners from the FTCR - Try that nowadays with the Data Protection Act!!  Wink

Youve told an interesting story above and one that I can well identify with - It was a great feeling when I again sat in and drove a 131 Sport after a long gap - It's an all over experience isn't it? Long may the cars live on and generate such enthusiasm. Smiley

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 07:29:24 PM »

Great stories guys.  Grin It's always great to hear of the long love affairs we've had with the Fiat 131. Wink

FYI Paul - Basingstoke is actually in Hampshire mate, about 15 miles further down the M3 from London than I am! Cheesy Cheesy

In 1994/5 I sold a metallic brown Series 3 2000TC Supermirafiori to a guy I worked with by the name of Alistair Nichol, and he lived near Basingstoke. I'd fitted the wheels (just like the one's pictured on your car above) and carb from my black 131 Sport JPD 969V to it and it totally flew! Grin and his wife hated the fact that he had sold his XR3i and was giving her a Fiat!! Cheesy Cheesy I laughed I can tell you! Cheesy Cheesy I wonder whether you purchased the wheels from the same guy - although I understood that he was moving up to Scotland to try and find his roots Cool
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 07:36:54 PM by simon131 » Logged

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.