Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 09:16:42 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  We seek them here, we seek them there, we seek them everywhere (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  EVW 15T - Where is it now...?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: EVW 15T - Where is it now...?  (Read 9634 times)
kev131
Founding Member

« on: March 20, 2008, 10:28:24 PM »

This is my old 131 Sport, in it's "original" Ford Mercury grey that I bought it in....for the princely sum of ?450, new MOT, 4 brand spanking Avon tyres and a completely new exhaust. Drove it for 3 years without EVER breaking down. Who said Fiat 131s were unreliable!? Huh Wink

Another thread on here shows how the car became proper Fiat 131 Silver!

Where is it now...? Well the current owner did get in touch a few years ago to describe how the car is under going a total rebuild with all new body panels. The engine has already been overhauled to stage 1 or 2, cant remember. Unfortunately the new owner has been out of contact for a couple of years but I'm harbouring secret hopes that the car might be a surprise attendee at 3MA08!? Huh Grin

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
kes131

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 01:56:44 AM »

Hi kevin
 just a short message to let you know EVW15T? is still here !!!!! i started her up after being garaged since 2002 about amoth ago and it was singing like you know a sport can sing.
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 09:07:21 PM »

Hi KES131 - Is your name Mike? I think that you might have been in touch a few years ago?

I remember that you were modifying the engine and had plans for the bodywork? Any updates at all...?  Smiley

Kevin Doyle
Limerick, Ireland
jasonh131

BILLERICAY ESSEX UK

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2012, 04:34:34 PM »

hey ho ,, just bean in the loft putting suit case back up and found my box of F.T.C. registar stuff lots off news sheets , guy croft spec sheet and price lists  from his open day in the late 80's and a bialbero with kevs first artical about his first sport EVW and its picture on the cover (mag in poor condition )and living in sunny cornwall ..

On my 6 th 131 now Goldy
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2012, 05:36:03 PM »

Yes that must have been about 1994/5 Jas - I was moved to prose with the pleasure of owning my first 131 Sport...years after last seeing my father's black car for the last time.  Smiley

I'm really looking forward to seeing it back on road again. Mark (the current owner) joins in here from time to time so as soon as there are developments I'm sure he'll share them.  Smiley

Kevin Doyle
Limerick, Ireland
John mirafiori

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2013, 03:55:19 PM »

I've only just seen this post as i haven't logged on for a while. Not sure if anyone is interested in it's history but I owned EVW 15T from 1991 until 1993 and it was in a sorry state when i got it from a guy on Canvey Island which is where i lived at the time. I straight swapped it for a Fiat 132 . It had both doors hanging off its hinges and holes in the floor but was in the original gun metal grey. I (foolishly) painted it in Ford Mercury Grey and replaced both doors with good used ones and fitted a green bonnet as well as replacing rear arches and floor repairs. The rest of the car was original and still quite rare even then.
I wished i'd never sold it and I've never been able to get another, although i do have a 1981 Super that has been garaged for 19 years and about to hit the road again.
No pictures available of EVW which is a crying shame. I'm pretty sure that the car originated from the Southend on Sea area which is the "VW" part of the reg no. I sold it to a guy from London for the also princley sum of ?750. And it was a "Racing" model as i remember.
I did speak to Kevin Doyle some years ago who had it at some point after me but it had been repainted silver.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 06:10:20 PM by John mirafiori » Logged

1981 Series 2 131 Super 1600TC with 2.0 TC Engine & Twin 45 Webers. (Previously 1979 Sport and 3 x series 2 Supers (Scrapped) & 1 x series 3 Super 2000 barn find. & 2 x 124 Sports in the 1980's)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.