Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 08, 2024, 10:35:43 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  European Hillclimb Championships Italy/Slovenia
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: European Hillclimb Championships Italy/Slovenia  (Read 3486 times)
Testament

« on: January 29, 2009, 11:43:19 PM »

Do any of you guys in Europe follow these races?  I am holidaying in Europe in late June/July/early August, and plan to goto the Trento-Bodone event in northern Italy and possibly the event in Slovenia as I will be in Croatia for most of July.

I hope to see some stuff like this

Walezy

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 08:51:39 AM »

I go to those races each year, this is real fun to watch it.
What i can suggest is to visit Sternberk in Czech Republic, there is a straight where the cars go about 270kmh Smiley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fsRFU4JIyY&feature=channel_page
This is from Last Sternberk Ecce Homo 2008 race.

Also this guy is incredible
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2c4VnqAUfQ

And this Lancia owned by Felix Pailer is damn fast
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jb4l-vCdGA&feature=related
I even have a front fender from this car in garage as he had a major crash on Baba Matador race about 50meters from the place where we stood.

But above theese all cars(maybe except Georg Plasa BMW) you have to see Lionel Regal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxF1mg9V_Sw

If you are willing to see Sternberk Ecce Homo and Baba Matador then we can meet there(Czech and Slovakia)

Testament

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009, 01:12:22 AM »

While I really would like to goto those events I can't fit them in my timetable. Im landing in Paris around the 25th June and then driving through France and Italy to Croatia to see family there, so Trento-Bondone is on the way, and going up to Slovenia is also possible as I believe the event there is only about 50km from the border with Croatia, and I may be on my way back to Paris around that time (last week of July).

What is the organisation like at the Czech and Slovak events as far as getting to the veiwing areas? do you have to get there very early and walk/drive up the course and park on the side or do they typically run some kind of bus to get people up there? also do they charge a fee for spectators? I realize the Italian event might be run different but it would be good to get an idea of how it might be run.
Walezy

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2009, 08:29:59 AM »

In Czech/ Slovakian events everything is exactly as on the time table so you know when they start. You can drive the car very close to the start or end of the track and then walk a bit with no problems(those tracks have about 5km so you have a maximum 2,5km). You can try to drive on the track in the early morning(about 1-1,5 hour before start of the first competitior) but i do not know how will it look like with Italian event as it has 18km long track.

In Czech you can stand in any place on the track as long as it is reasonable safe(do not stand on the outer part of the curve Smiley ). I know that on Rechberg in Austria it is not the same as i had to stand very far away from the track which is not great. In my opinion the best places to watch are long straights with slight flat out curves, there you can see the power of the cars. Tight bends are not that spectacular but you can see the acceleration. Also on the long straights you will not find too many spectators which will give you perfect view.
It is neccesary to take with you some foldable seats, grill, something to drink and some waterproof coat in case it starts to rain(remember that it is all in the mountains so the weather can change within few minutes).
The spectator fee in czech republic was as far as i remeber something about 150KC which is about 5-7euro for person but if you enter the track about 1-1,5 before start there is a big chance that you will not have to pay anything(and drive in with your car).

Testament

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2009, 05:09:09 AM »

Thanks alot, this is good, it sounds very similar to how they run WRC here in NZ for the most part.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.