Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 10:00:59 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Simon's Abarth carb dilema
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Simon's Abarth carb dilema  (Read 10287 times)
jasonh131

BILLERICAY ESSEX UK

« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2014, 11:51:32 AM »

Hi ho simon , try the rolling road session on 30th see what actually your properly used  abarth is making , worn engine just poring fuel out the exhaust  Undecided
 Love the sound off twin carbs thats the problem you drive it different to get the sound , but the first half of a tank
 goes very quick , but drive like your mothers in the car with the second half i can get 33mpg as i had the 131 super as my daily driver with them on in the old days..
  Second choice that ive done twice is bore out the venturi on the adf , just like the ausi ford  falcon carb 34 adf made with bigger venturi , we,ve got 34mm chokes and 23 mm venturi ,   i bore them out to 25mm and 28mm  with a k/n type filter in the original pancake filter and force induction cool air feed .. Smiley Smiley

On my 6 th 131 now Goldy
longhamrob

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2014, 11:53:30 AM »

Correctly set up twin carbs with a 4 branch manifold should be noticeably more economical than standard.
Expect 24-25mpg against 21mpg.
They must be in perfect order which will require complete dismantling & rebuild.
Eurocarb will advise you on the correct choke size depending on application and can supply the relevant main jet, idle jet & if necessary,chokes.
The remaining jets & holders etc will probably be ok but note their values.
Parts individually do not seem expensive but multiply by 4 and include two gasket sets and your looking at a few hundred pounds.
When set up they are impressive to look at but more so to listen too even at idle which when tweaked correctly can be suprisingly smooth.
Both of my cars have drawn attention over their idling.
  It is worth noting that the noise (more noticably upon acceleration) penetrates the cabin whatever you try and will be too much for a majority of owners.
Fiat 131 Abarth#2

Fiat 131 Abarth Gr.4

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2014, 04:10:57 PM »

http://www.ebay.it/itm/Fiat-131-Abarth-collettore-per-carburatori-da-45-48-/371030353614?pt=Ricambi_automobili&hash=item566321e6ce&_uhb=1

Roll Eyes

Enzo from Germany!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.