Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 10:20:08 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  For Sale and Wanted (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  131 Racing horrible modified for sale at Padova show
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 131 Racing horrible modified for sale at Padova show  (Read 10350 times)
sid131

« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2009, 03:21:03 PM »

Theo its part of the 131 sport disease that i have Wink Grin
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2009, 03:40:09 PM »

Glad to see the disease is not affecting your memory! Keep taking the medication although I am told this disease is incurable; I certainly haven't found a cure for it yet...
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 03:42:18 PM by Thotos » Logged

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
sid131

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2009, 03:48:19 PM »

Hell no! it stimulates the memory, no known cure, empties your wallet but its great when you get the little parts in the post like christmas!
hammerbeirne

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2009, 10:21:28 AM »

I think its tastefully done love the wheels Cool
gunobla

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2009, 10:46:12 AM »

I quite like the look of the silver one.  Would probably look better in blue and white though.
sid131

« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2009, 11:57:31 AM »

needs a louver though
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2009, 12:09:56 PM »

This car is on Autoscout24 for ?14000. Not to my taste either.  Sad

http://www.autoscout24.de/Details.aspx?id=vgcakyyfcbjx

erm Kevin you liked this one?? so whats not to your taste silver??
http://131mirafiori.com/smf/index.php?topic=648.0

Good memeory Sid - I'll know where to come if I've forgotten about an old posting.

Actually there are more significant differences between the two cars than just colour although as you will know also, I have a huge soft sport for black 131s.

What the "creator" of this silver car has done that offends my idea of what is a tasteful modification and what isn't, is that he has attempted to "Abarthise" his car with bonnet, boot and roof spoiler changes - I think someone suggested that it is now neither one nor the other, (ie Sport or Abarth). I also dislike the colour discrepancy between the bumper/arches (it should be all silver for a cleaner look) and finally, the gold element in the wheels jar.  Sad

The black car on the other hand is a simple arches and wheels mod while retaining the look of a Sport far more successfully. I've always said the simplest way to make a car look purposeful is wider wheels and tyres - This is what the black car achieves while still resembling a standard Sport - Hence a cosmetically pleasing result...to my eyes at least.  Wink

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.