Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 01:59:00 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  The Garage (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  New custom Manifold and Hi-Torque starter fitted.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New custom Manifold and Hi-Torque starter fitted.  (Read 7631 times)
parrish

« on: July 05, 2010, 04:17:24 PM »

Ive been waiting for some time for a custom inlet manifold to arrive from Alinson Austomotive in the states.
Those of you that have been following my postings will know ive fitted and ECU/EFI Omex unit with Jenvey throttle bodies.
The inlet manifold i had was a GC off set one, this gave me clearance problems between the last TB and the bulkhead and i had no space for a return hi pressure fuel line and or an air box.
I contacted Alinson Automotive and they have manufactured a new inlet manifold to my design, the new manifold sets the TB's at approx 22 degrees to the horizontal and brings the TB's 35-40 mm further forward.
The manifold and a Hi-Torque starter that i ordered have arrived and been fitted, see photos below.
Steve

Steve Parrish owner of:  1977 131 4 door.
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 04:25:37 PM »

Another happy131 driver - Looks good enough to frighten a RS2000 owner Steve.  Grin

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
wak131

OOo ///// oOO

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 04:35:09 PM »

Nice work on the manifold!

How is the starter working? Looks too small:)

131 enthusiast from Prague. ?78 Super 1600, ?82 CL 1600, ex ?82 Super 2000
parrish

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010, 05:38:43 PM »

Time will tell with the Hi-Torque starter, ive only just fitted it and used it half a dozen times only, spins OK.

Tas131

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2010, 04:14:41 AM »

Is the motor location of the starter able to be moved to the bottom rather than at the top? I'll probably have clearance issues between my starter and supercharger and thought one of these starters may solve the issue.

Mick.
Tasmania. Australia.
Red/grey series 2 (Daily driver)
Dark blue series 1 (Dismantled)
Light blue series 2 (Crashed then dismantled)
Metallic blue series 2 (Dismantled)
sid131

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2010, 08:17:30 AM »

how much was the starter? good work Steve keep the pics coming please.
parrish

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2010, 04:51:25 PM »

Starter is as delivered, cannot be changed due to the alignment of the three locating holes, what you see on the above photo is how it fits.

The cost $225 plus shipping     www.allisonautomotive.com

Tas131

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2010, 09:06:06 PM »

That link takes me to a Suzuki, Audi, Mitsubishi dealer! I'm pretty sure this is the same bloke, he's a member on the forum. http://stores.ebay.com/so-cal-fiat-parts__W0QQ_sidZ22405476QQ_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em14?_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1581&_pgn=1

Mick.
Tasmania. Australia.
Red/grey series 2 (Daily driver)
Dark blue series 1 (Dismantled)
Light blue series 2 (Crashed then dismantled)
Metallic blue series 2 (Dismantled)
5 on the floor

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2010, 08:40:00 PM »

This is good price as we use on Ferrari to make a good fast start.
106usj

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2010, 08:16:00 PM »

Have you gone for his distributor less ignition system also ? as from what i can make out from the picture i think i cant see the block mounted or cam mounted dizzy.?
parrish

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2010, 01:15:32 PM »

Yes i fitted an OMEX 600.
All parts available direct from Omex or through NMS (Nortampton Motor Sport) 'Troy'.
I didint fit the Alison Automotive distrbuitor less system unit as the OMEX 600 is controlling both ignition and fuelling.
Steve

miro-1980

Abarth leads the way !

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2010, 12:19:15 AM »

Parrish , how is this ECU/EFI Omex unit with Jenvey throttle bodies working for you ?

Have you dyno'ed the car before and after ?

Miro

Fiat Abarth 131 Rally Gr4 1976 (replica)
Fiat 124 Abarth Rally Gr4 1973 (replica)
parrish

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2010, 03:00:54 AM »

Miro,
the car is in Spain and i cant find a rolling road or anyone with any expertise with OMEX units anywhere near me, car may have to go back to the UK.
The car is running and i have full mapping options on my lap top, however im not an expert, their is only so much you can do without a rolling road. I have a start up map for a ford 2 ltr pinto engine, the mapping needs sorting, currently im over fuelling at tick over, i may need to change the injectors, and the ignition timing needs carefull adjustment, their are so many perameters to adjust you really need to know what you are doing. Im waiting for an jenvey air box and filter before i spend anymore time with the lap top.
Ive had some problems along the way, the most annoying of which was a pair of new ignition leads that were faulty, i spent ages thinking the ignition timing/trigger wheel was in the wrong position just to find two ignition leads had broken connections giving me an intermitent fault.
The engine is a standard Strada Abarth unit, with a polished head, everything else as normal, when i do get her to a rolling road i will be getting her set up for fast road/good cruising ability. Im not looking for ultimate power, ill ask them to turn it down a notch or two so that the engine is under less stress.
Regards
Steve

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.