Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 05:56:49 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  3MA News and other events (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  3ma10&Volcanic ash
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 3ma10&Volcanic ash  (Read 6488 times)
eugene

« on: April 17, 2010, 10:34:01 AM »

So most airports in northern europe are closed due to Volcanic ash spewing down from Iceland.So will this affect our trip to Germany ::)as i'm sure no one wants our 131engines sucking in this ash Roll Eyes.This Volcano could explode at any time,like what happened At Mt St Helens in Washington State USA in 1980 where the whole side of the mountain exploded resulting in 57 people dead and 3 adjoining states almost no go areas for up to 6 months.6 inches of ash fell from the sky.My point is that this could also happen in Iceland resulting in most of europe being closed down.
So what do the other attending 3ma people have to say on this one Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes.No one could have predicted something like this happening.Eugene

owner of 5 LADA NIVAS 4X4 a 1979 Opel Kadett Coupe and a 1975 FIAT 131 Mirafiori 1585cc
parrish

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 10:48:13 AM »

So here i am in Qatar! been at work for a month, due to fly to the UK Wednesday to see my new Grandaughter ! and some Icelandic Volcano is trying to stop me!

Plan 1) Fly to Spain jump on the Harley or into the Z3 and drive.

Plan 2) Jump on a flight to some other part of Europe and try to get a bus or train?

Plan 3) Fly to Rome and grab a lift with a Haulier heading for the UK.

Plan 4) Fly to Rome Buy a Fiat and drive to UK, sell the Fiat and make a profit!

Plan 5) Stay at work without extra Pay and wait for the cloud to clear.

So which one will work?
Steve

Steve Parrish owner of:  1977 131 4 door.
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 01:15:04 PM »

So what do the other attending 3ma people have to say on this one Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes.

I say change the air filter, fill up with fuel and head for Germany  Grin  That's what I'll be doing....  Wink

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2010, 01:17:46 PM »

So which one will work?
Steve

I don't think it will necessarily work but option 4 sounds the best to me.  Grin  Even better, variation on 4:

Plan 4b) Fly to Rome Buy a Fiat 131 and drive to Germany for 3ma10. Then drive to the UK, sell the Fiat and make a profit! Result: FREE FUN!  Grin Grin
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 01:23:22 PM by Thotos » Logged

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2010, 08:22:34 AM »

Eugene, I don't see the Icelandic volcano issue affecting us very much at all other than the ferries being more full than usual. Grin

Steve, I agree with Theo. Item 4 - and take in 3MA10 at the same time! Wink

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
parrish

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2010, 10:06:51 AM »

Update:
Qatar Airways not allowing me to travel to Madrid Angry
All flights to Madrid full of stranded passengers.

So: Remember 'Top Gear' the episode where they drove from Northern Vietnam to Southern Vietnam on Honda 50's vespa's etc?
Well if i can get to Rome i think a Vespa and 2500Km along the French/Spanish and Italian riviera might be my best option, Monaco! St Tropez! Grin

It may sound Mad but wouldnt it be fun Grin

Steve

Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2010, 10:33:21 AM »

A friend of mine has bought a 40 year old Lambretta and he intends to ride the length of Italy with it to celebrate his 40th birthday. His wife is from Sicily so she would fly there while he takes the Lambretta on a trailer to Northern Italy and then ride the length of Italy and meet up with his wife in Sicily. He hasn't yet decided if he'll ride it back to pick up his car and trailer or leave it/sell it in Sicily and fly back to collect his car. 

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
parrish

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2010, 10:57:34 AM »

So Just incase it happens.
Lambretta or Vespa?
And what to look out for when buying?

Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2010, 11:30:43 AM »

Lambretta or Vespa?

That I can't answer as I know nothing about these two wheeled bicycles with sawing machine engines!  Grin  But I can tell you that my friend got very upset when I called his Lambretta a Vespa  Undecided "Same thing" I said but he strongly disagreed with me and went on to say how a Vespa is unstable by having an engine hung on one side....  He said lots of other things as well but by then I switched off and wasn't listening.

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
eugene

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2010, 03:03:24 PM »

Theo,it is like a young person calling your 131sport a LADA Roll Eyes Roll Eyes.Would you hit the person with temper,or collapse in shock Shocked Shocked Shocked.Maybe now you understand why the other person was disappointed when you called his scooter a Vespa ::)Eugene

owner of 5 LADA NIVAS 4X4 a 1979 Opel Kadett Coupe and a 1975 FIAT 131 Mirafiori 1585cc
sid131

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2010, 06:04:38 PM »

drive over the scooter Grin
rockers rule!!
parrish

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2010, 07:19:55 AM »

Well what an anti-climax, im back in the UK.
Doha-LHR-Newcastle 15 hours ahead of schedule!
Arrived on-shore yesterday morning, 10:30 sat in the travel agets trying to sort something out and he gets a phone call, 'flight leaving to London 12:30' can  get on it\/ yes, GO GO GO, arrived LHR 18:00, then LHR-Newcastle 21:00.
So no Fiat, No vespa, No Lamretta, No 2500km ride/drive Angry
Now im due to go to Malaysia next Wednesday, wonder waht will happen Roll Eyes
Steve

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.