Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 11:55:11 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  The Garage (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Sill's
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sill's  (Read 3588 times)
Baxter 131 Replica

« on: December 22, 2013, 06:43:32 PM »

Hey, I tried as much as possible to draw it ....
The drawing shows the base plate (black) which get welded to the inner sill (red) then you heh other sill (gray) and then you have the outher sill (Brown) who get welded to last.
Now my question is, must i renew this sill (gray) by a new-one or may a take it away

* tekening dorpel.png (6.31 KB, 726x449 - viewed 494 times.)
Baxter 131 Replica

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2013, 11:22:55 PM »

Hello Guy's,

Is there anybody that can help me whit that .... Lips Sealed
I took a picture of my problem Huh

* IMG_2276.JPG (210.67 KB, 800x598 - viewed 524 times.)
daverwd

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2013, 11:59:01 PM »

I would definitely replace this section of inner sill..
It's there for a reason ... it helps with the integral strength of the car..
I honestly think not replacing this correctly would effect the cars strength & stability when driving...
You can buy these inner sills from Yagmur at a very reasonable price..
mirafiori76

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2013, 12:31:13 AM »

Baxter,

I told you what to do. Just have a sheet of 2 mm metal plate and weld it in. Much stronger and lasts longer. Don't forget to spray primer on the back side. Otherwise it will start to rot immediatly.

Mike.131 Abarth group 4, 131 Racing Walter Rohrl, 131 1600 CL
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.